Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Please check out if this is a scam!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So Holly did she give you the same address? The same name too? How did she tell you to send the money? Even with money gram she has to have an id with that name so I would think that cops can catch this person!

The cops will try to do something about it if someone that has been emailing them will contact the police in the area, it is illegal what they are doing, if that is a real name and addy. Def worth calling the local PD, since you have emails as evidence. they may even set up a sting and try to get the person picking up money

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The cops will try to do something about it if someone that has been emailing them will contact the police in the area, it is illegal what they are doing, if that is a real name and addy. Def worth calling the local PD, since you have emails as evidence. they may even set up a sting and try to get the person picking up money

Good to know! I will have to see if I can find out who to call!

I remember those kittens! Remember somebody stole a litter a few months ago from a breeder? Weren't those the kittens that were taken? I believe they were! Maybe that's why they look familiar.

Regina

firehillqueen

Banned
Scams happen all the time, doesn't matter if the dirt bags are selling fake sphynx kittens, yorkie puppies, or anything living or not. They are horrible people trying to scam money for nothing. My daughter wanted a Yorkie so bad she almost fell for a scammer. She brought me her money and wanted me to get a money order and send it. I said wait, lets do some more research on this. Sure enough the address they gave her to send the check was in Nigeria. They said they would ship the puppy by air asap. HA ! They were scammers of course. NEVER ever send a money gram or money order without double checking!.

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
I have seen it with yorkies and english bulldogs, and african grey parrots, exact same set up. I think it's more common with "exotic" pets like birds and hairless cats, because they are very costly to purchase and the scammers prey on people wanting to afford something that they normally couldn't

Yup! I see it with dogs all the time. They pick what commands the highest price or is the latest trend (sometimes one in the same). My favorite breeds are French Bulldogs and Japanese Chin. Not a lot of people are into Chin so I don't usually see scams with them, just puppymillers. Now Frenchies are popular and figure they can go from $1500 to $2500 depending. Then somebody puts one up for $800 with shipping. Bargain, right? Scammer. :Angry: They prey on our desires.

Terry & mick

Lairian
I dont know about a scam.. Maybe just someone that is not a "great breeder". Are they close so you could go see them before you give any money??

Hi
I have only just joined this forum tonight, we have one sphynx boy and are looking forward to our first girl in June. But i thought i would reply to you, as this is a scam, when we were trying to get our girl we tried breeders around our area and almost all were not welcome, saying they only sold as pets, so we looked on sites and came across one very similar, when we first e-mailed they were not ot far then suddenly they were miles away and had to send the kittens by courier, but they wanted the money sent by western union, when we looked into this they were based in the Cameroon and wanted money transfer. We tried to call their bluff and say we were just down the road to where the y were selling the kittens and they never replied.We contacted the police who said it was a scam and not to send money

wundrlust

Lairian
Sounds like a scam to me. The kind that come to my personal email from someone in another country trying to get info from me in order to send money they claim to have. LOL! The letter is poorly written and that tips me off immediately especially when they are attempting to do some type of "business" deal. STAY AWAY!

Back