Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

possible cancer...?!? :(

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
and yet again my Bronx-e worries me to death....

last night i noticed his neck badly swollen, so we hurry and rushed him to the vet! It looked almost like a large marble under his sick, it was HUGE! After getting to the vet, they determined that all his lymphoids were swollen and enlarged... Dr said it COULD be: "infection, inflammation or cancer" Obviously our hearts sank when said cancer. The dr thought our best bet was to leave him there over night and they would do a biopsy of one of the lymphiods in the morning. (they didnt think just taking fluid would give an accurate diagnosis). So we left him there.

We got a call at noon from the dr saying once they got in there to do the biopsy they decided to take from two lymphoids and that actually his spline was enlarged and that there was debris in his bladder :Frown: so they did a biopsy of the spline and did a bunch of test on his bladder/urine/debris.... unfortunately we won't know anything until THURSDAY! gosh, that feels like a month away :( :( :(

every dr we talk to (one from last night, and the one who preformed the surgery this morning) seem to be concentrating a lot on cancer! :( they're saying that his inflammatory bowel disease could be a symptom of cancer! and that his chronic URI could be related too :(

Ive been crying none stop since last night... i'm ok right now.. mostly because he's home and has been in my arms since he's gotten home. We are pretty devastated. He's my BABY... i'm sure you guys all understand that :(

if he has cancer, they believe it'd be lymphoma cancer. ALL his lymphoids were swollen very badly last night. How did i not see this???!!!?? it seemed like the just BLEW UP!! i snuggle with him all day-everyday! i would have noticed this! and the moment i did i rushed him in.... im so heart broken.

please pray for good results for my baby. i would really appreciate it.

thanks guys for all the support you all always offer. this is such a great community.

susi794

Staff member
Oh no! What a sad post to wake up to.....my prayers are with you and for Bronx-e. I pray it isn't cancer and that it is just an infection of some kind that can be healed. We love you and will be here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to keep you from going crazy while you wait for the results.
Much love,
Susi and the gang

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
thanks everyone. I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and vibes! he seems to be doing ok... but is very snuggly- which i will admit, i kinda like :) although it sucks because i know he isn't feeling very good.
And not to mention... i'll get the results while my Fiancee is out of town with his sons on a camping trip- UGH! it'll be a good time for them.. but stressful for me. Although, having his isolated kitty-love makes my heart pitter-patter.
Ive said it before, and i'll say it again... Bronxe is my soul mate. he's my everything. so this news was heart breaking.
Thanks everyone for the support. my family thanks you!

gizmo6370

Banned
Ohw no....so sorry to hear this....i just know exactly how you feel...my bulldog Xantos is diagnosed with cancer....
I hope it's just something minor that can be treated...sending positive vibes and hugs your and Bronx-e's way...

Keeping you and Bronx-e in our thoughts and sending positive energy to both of you. I dearly hope it is just and infection that can easily be treated and nothing more. They do mask things so well so please don't blame yourself. You are a good Sphynx momma.

Hugs and purrs,
Kris

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My thoughts are with you. I went through the exact same thing with Bayleigh several years ago. Luckily, hers was just an infection but waiting for the biopsy results was excruciating!! Sending positive thoughts your way & hoping that
Bronx-e is just as fortunate *hugs*

ckutkuhn7

Banned
My thoughts are with you. I know this is a hard time,,dont blame yourself for not seeing it sooner tho. These kitties tend to surprise us at times. I hope it turns up to be something easily treated and cancer free! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Christina n Snuffie

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kathy- what a relief to hear. it feels like the days are going by SOOOO slowly!!! i wish i could just call the vets and they know right now! but at the same time.. i hope they take all the time they need to figure out what is REALLY wrong with him- ya know

Thank you everyone for your well wishes.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
well.. it's 11 am and still no word yet. i called the vet around 930, and of course i could hardly hold it together and broke down right after getting off the phone. just the mere thought of him being terminally sick breaks my heart in more ways then i would have imagined. The receptionist said his results were in, but that i'd need to speak with a dr.
After leaving the message at the vet, i text my fiancee, whos out of town. he's camping up in northern michigan and doesn't have signal. well he noticed he had a missed call and a VM, said that it was the dr calling at 8:39am but just noticed missing the call because his phone didn't ring because he doesn't have signal. he can't even check his vm because no signal. However, i can't imagine they would leave that type of info on a vm anyway. So, again i break down hysterically. Why did the dr call RIGHT when they opened?? before rounds?? :( gosh, my heart just keeps telling me it's bad... i know it's bad... i know what they're going to say :(
So i call the vet back saying how they called my finacee and was crying... gosh i'm so pathetic lol. but i'm devastated and just want to know! (note: i wasn't hysterically crying :) just stuffy and mild tears).
so in short.... it's 11am and still no phone call. :( i know their busy. and my kitty is no more important that any other animal. i guess it's the mere fact of them knowing the results and me, not.
(sorry.. this was more of a vent then an update)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
well.. it's 11 am and still no word yet. i called the vet around 930, and of course i could hardly hold it together and broke down right after getting off the phone. just the mere thought of him being terminally sick breaks my heart in more ways then i would have imagined. The receptionist said his results were in, but that i'd need to speak with a dr.
After leaving the message at the vet, i text my fiancee, whos out of town. he's camping up in northern michigan and doesn't have signal. well he noticed he had a missed call and a VM, said that it was the dr calling at 8:39am but just noticed missing the call because his phone didn't ring because he doesn't have signal. he can't even check his vm because no signal. However, i can't imagine they would leave that type of info on a vm anyway. So, again i break down hysterically. Why did the dr call RIGHT when they opened?? before rounds?? :( gosh, my heart just keeps telling me it's bad... i know it's bad... i know what they're going to say :(
So i call the vet back saying how they called my finacee and was crying... gosh i'm so pathetic lol. but i'm devastated and just want to know! (note: i wasn't hysterically crying :) just stuffy and mild tears).
so in short.... it's 11am and still no phone call. :( i know their busy. and my kitty is no more important that any other animal. i guess it's the mere fact of them knowing the results and me, not.
(sorry.. this was more of a vent then an update)

Oh Klreese. Hang in there. Sending you loving thoughts, a hug, and a box of kleenx.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
thanks guys.
'sphynx boys- no worries, i bought 4 boxes yesterday at target :) i come prepared!

i called vet.. yet again and apparently not all the tests are back only one was- his urine test which came out negaitive- thank god. but still waiting on everything else :(

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just remember, when it comes to calls- vets call when they have time blocked out for calling clients. So maybe morning is when he does some of his calls- so it's not like he called you immediately, but he called you when he had time to sit down and call. Doesn't make it easier when you are waiting, but this also explains why you typically wait all day for a vet to call you.

I have a wonderful relationship with my vet- we love her and consider her a friend, YET I still WAIT on pins and needles when I need her to call me back!

**HUGS**

Back