Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Possible New addition / rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

holly_savage

Banned
After Mike/Buterball's post earlier today, I thought I'd check out Kijiji (our version of craigslist) and I found this little guy...so I have emailed the seller...and this is what I asked...can anyone think of anything else I should ask for / about? (PS after I reread the article I notice the "neutered" part...D'OH!!!

(and btw...all of these helpful questions I learned to ask because of all of you out there and your wonderful advice)

here is the link to the posting...

Pure Bred Sphynx Kitten - Toronto Cats & Kittens For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

My email...
Hi my name is Holly, and I was wondering if I could get some more infor on Hank.
At your purchase price I am assuming he is neutered?

Do you have his CCA/CFA/TICA registration papers?

Do you have his pedigree info available, or the name of the breeder you purchased him from?

Would you be willing toprovide veterinary health records and or the name of your vet in Guelph so I could call them for the info?

Would I be able to come by and meet Hank and yourself if it came to that?

Please email me and we can exchange more info via email or telephone if you prefer.

Thanks Holly

holly_savage

Banned
well I am keeping my fingers crossed...Guelph is only about an hour from me and it happens to be where I lived & worked before moving to this little town so I am very familiar with it. I think I will try to get the price down, ideally I would like to pay no more than $500, but that really depends on his medical status...if he has issues, I will have to revisit my offering price. I am not in any need of this cat, just thought that it would be a nice thing to do for my Hibou and for Hank too I'm sure.

And again, the questions I asked are all because of you folks on the Lair!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So many people do not know what to ask.
Before I got Cleo I was going to get a kitten from a breeder 2 hours from here.
I was only looking at sphynx within 5 hours from here because I did not know to much then.
Then the breeder played games with me so I posted on another cat site and this breeder I know said he has a friend he talked to and his friend would sell me a kitten.
He then told me his friend is a well respected judge and can be trusted
So everything worked at great in the end.
Then last july I was looking for another sphynx and this breeder offered me a kitten.
It would be mandatory that here name stayed on the reg until the cat granded and not to tell my friend that she was going to sell me a kitten.
I backed out of the deal because the price was high and she does not HCM scan.
Well Cleo and the black sphynx she used compete against at show both got sick from a show.
That other cat did not get better so suggested baytril because it worked for Cleo after other meds did not work.
Then in Jan my friend said he looks like heart problems.
He has HCM and just turned 1 last Oct.
This breeder blasted my friend because she is not going grand him.
There has been a complaint filed against this breeder.
The worse part is I almost got a kitten from her.
She cares about 2 things only profit and winning.

holly_savage

Banned
So many people do not know what to ask.
Before I got Cleo I was going to get a kitten from a breeder 2 hours from here.
I was only looking at sphynx within 5 hours from here because I did not know to much then.
Then the breeder played games with me so I posted on another cat site and this breeder I know said he has a friend he talked to and his friend would sell me a kitten.
He then told me his friend is a well respected judge and can be trusted
So everything worked at great in the end.
Then last july I was looking for another sphynx and this breeder offered me a kitten.
It would be mandatory that here name stayed on the reg until the cat granded and not to tell my friend that she was going to sell me a kitten.
I backed out of the deal because the price was high and she does not HCM scan.
Well Cleo and the black sphynx she used compete against at show both got sick from a show.
That other cat did not get better so suggested baytril because it worked for Cleo after other meds did not work.
Then in Jan my friend said he looks like heart problems.
He has HCM and just turned 1 last Oct.
This breeder blasted my friend because she is not going grand him.
There has been a complaint filed against this breeder.
The worse part is I almost got a kitten from her.
She cares about 2 things only profit and winning.

Obviously a good call on your part...I can understand the desire to show...our first show is next weekend...but to put that much emphasis on it? I guess a breeder could/does charge more for kittens from a champion, but there is no money/monetary prize to be made in showing a cat right? It should be up to the purchaser of the kitten wether or not they wish to put in the time and effort to show their queen / pet. Just my uneducated opinion and anyone feel free to add your two-cents...maybe thereis something I am missing or am not aware of.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

You are correct there is no money in showing.
In fact you pay to show.
This breeder wanted the status.
She wants to DM her cat and only shows in CFA.
She also breeds sphynx on the side.
Her breed is the Rex.

holly_savage

Banned
Thanks everyone, I know our next one is still out there...Hank was going to be a Bonus cat! lol...anyhow, we have a new member who just adopted a 1 yr old sphynx named Hank...hmmm I'm guessing this person is who got him...Yay!
As long as he is happy and well cared for and loved, it doesn't matter who gets him!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks everyone, I know our next one is still out there...Hank was going to be a Bonus cat! lol...anyhow, we have a new member who just adopted a 1 yr old sphynx named Hank...hmmm I'm guessing this person is who got him...Yay!
As long as he is happy and well cared for and loved, it doesn't matter who gets him!

Well sending HUGZ anyhow because its still sort of a downer. We know you were excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back