Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynx books any suggestions?

ninime123

Lairian
i have hunted high and low for a sphynx book:Woo: , can anyone suggest a book that tell me everthing from genetics what make them diffrent etc to balanced digestion skin oil etc as i ve been every where they all say "we can think of where to get one" ive tryed the internet but no luck please any advice welcome...x ( i know i can find random bits on the net i would just like to read when iam in bed or have something for refrence when am at home xxx:Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I wish I could help. My Amazon book search didn't bring up anything worthwhile. I have a funny feeling that the type of reference book you are looking for doesn't exist.

I hope you find one.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I searched online as well when I first got Snuffie. I couldn't find anything other than some little kid books or just cat books that mention the sphynx. My greatest source of info has been my breeder, SphynxLair and the internet in general.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Honestly after reading this post, I am thinking about writing one. I am a pretty good writer, I just dread the research part. It would take me a long time with as busy as I am going to be here real soon, but I am seriously thinking about it.

Bella07

Banned
Honestly after reading this post, I am thinking about writing one. I am a pretty good writer, I just dread the research part. It would take me a long time with as busy as I am going to be here real soon, but I am seriously thinking about it.

Go for it! :ThumbsUp:
I actually think you could make some real money on it too. With all of the Sphynx owners and breeders in the world, you would have a steady supply and demand from customers. Plus, I'd buy it!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Go for it! :ThumbsUp:
I actually think you could make some real money on it too. With all of the Sphynx owners and breeders in the world, you would have a steady supply and demand from customers. Plus, I'd buy it!

I agree with Bella07 - Go for it! There is definitely a market for one. Just be sure we all get autographed copies!

ninime123

Lairian

shall i put my order in now then :Wink::Wink: lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
LOL Well what would everyone want included in the book?

That would be awesome! I'd buy it!! Would make a wonderful coffee table book!

I would want the general info, info on different personalities, tips and tricks for their care and grooming,,color photos,,perferably kitties from the Lair (haha),,um, common health issues, advice on questions to ask breeders, red flags or signs to avoid breeders, what you should receive when getting your registered sphynx kitten, importance of not supporting byb or breeders who don't HCM scan, importance of why not to declaw sphynx, different color variations of sphynx available, different haired sphynx (rubberbald/gummi, flocked, etc)cant think of anything else but maybe someone else can...

I'm looking forward to it!

holly_savage

Banned
I searched for one as well, and there is one book that I found, written by a breeder in Australia. I don't remember any of the names or details, but she basically had the same thought as Melonie, and wrote one herself...you can order it through her website, but I don't think it was done through a large publishing company so it is not carried by the large book sellers from what I can tell.

holly_savage

Banned
Here is the link to the book I was looking at (but didn't buy)

at least I think this is the book. It is a different website, but they do say co-authored!

And now I found the original site I was looking at...

Last edited by a moderator:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm not sure how in depth it is; as i have never seen it but it is the only "adult" sphynx book I have seen... everything else is for kids. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I looked high and low for one a while back but didn't have any luck. Would definately buy one if someone made one!

cchloerun

Banned
Do you want your Sphynx published?

After much tossing and turning over this idea, I have decided to give a Sphynx book a go! There are simply not enough Sphynx related stuff!!! So, I have 5 Sphynx that I could use for it, but I would rather open this up and get some other nakeds published too!

It will be a coffee table book with a sense of humor!
If you want to be considered for the book, please send me your BEST (clear) pics of your Sphynx- they can be funny, cute, pretty- it doesn't matter! Please don't forget to add your name and your cat's name so you can get the pic credit!

I am really excited about this, and figure worse case scenario, we have a published book of our "kids"! :Celebrate:

Any questions, just let me know!
Chanel
[email protected]

Bella07

Banned
Re: Do you want your Sphynx published?

Good Luck with the book! It's a great idea :ThumbsUp:
(If I had a Sphynx kitty, I'd love to share, but unfortunately don't at the moment :(

ranalashae

Banned

I just took some pretty cool pictures of Nala! Would you like me to email you a few or post them on here?! :BigSmile:

cchloerun

Banned

Oh my gosh! I am getting the most adorable pics of your kitties! I'm in love with them ALL!!! Go ahead and send any you want to my email [email protected] I am so excited to put this together!!!:ThumbsUp:

cchloerun

Banned

What do you guys think? Should I include a little something about the kitty featured in each photo? I was thinking the name of both the kitty and owner, but I'm wondering if a little info on the kitty would be good idea. Maybe what they enjoy the most?
example:
Mischa
Loves standing on magazines, and eating Temptations!

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?

ckutkuhn7

Banned

I sent a few of my favorite shots. Goodluck with the book, I can't wait to see the end result!

susi794

Staff member

What do you guys think? Should I include a little something about the kitty featured in each photo? I was thinking the name of both the kitty and owner, but I'm wondering if a little info on the kitty would be good idea. Maybe what they enjoy the most?
example:
Mischa
Loves standing on magazines, and eating Temptations!

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?

Then they can be like little centerfolds...ROFLMAO!!
Habibi
Loves leather mousies, long walks on the beach and dentabites'

Gosh that just makes me laugh all over--I LOVE it! Great idea!

susi794

Staff member

Am searching for some shots to send--all my cat kids want to be centerfolds!

Back