Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Cat/Kitten Monthly Costs (UK and Elsewhere)

SNek23

Lairian
Hey guys!

Hope you and your pets are all doing well!

I've been trying to get some more up to date info (2021/2022) on the monthly costs that a kitten/adult cat infer. I am looking to get one of those bundles of joy very soon and I've been doing my research on everything but it seems that when it comes down to cost per month, there are a variety of answers and the range is quite large.

So far, from what I gathered, its something in the lines of:

Food - £30-£50/month
Insurance - *£15-£40/month (*depending on where you get it and how extensive it is)
Litter - *£25/month (*Varies based on the type of the litter box)
Preventative flea/worm treatment - £20/month
Grooming - £20/month

Am I missing something? Is this accurate in the slightest? What are your costs?

Thank you in advance!

*Bonus points for my undestanding if you're living in the UK as this is where I'm from :D*

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi
I'm also in the UK. Costs can vary depending on what you buy but I spend approx the following on each of the above each month:
Food - Approx £45 (just on the Sphynx)
Insurance - £0 (we have many animals in our care so insuring them all would be too costly so we just deal with vet bills as and when they arise)
Litter - £8 per month for 3 indoor cats
Flea/worming stuff - £? I buy several of these in advance for 3 cats and I can't remember how much they were last time
Grooming - £1.50 I wash Rankle myself using Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo as and when he needs it, have in between washes with Huggies Pure wipes and clean his ears with cotton buds and Epi-Otic ear cleaner

Hope that helps

Sekhmet

Lairian
Hi, I am in the UK too!
My girl is 3.7kg but she still does eat a lot.
So I would say fo food it approximately £70.
Insurance, it goes up every year.
And importantly I would say vet fee, which is £40-50 per visit but depending on the medication or something else it always more than that I think.
I have two litter boxes and around £20.
Grooming stuffs, I would say depending on the products that you are using and once you buy it, it last quiet long I think.
For example, shampoo for 6months or more not too sure.
Shampoos, toothpaste, toothbrush. ear cleaner, pet wipes are the things that I would always have.
The price will be depending on your choice :)

oolahappi

Lairian
...toys, sweaters, scratching post, annual vet visits (sometimes more if ill or for professional ear cleaning), more food (they eat A LOT), replacing things they destroy...

In other words, owning a Sphynx is expensive - I have 2!

Attachments

• 167DA8C0-49E7-4DFE-8F4A-1A8B4AC1A781.jpeg
    167DA8C0-49E7-4DFE-8F4A-1A8B4AC1A781.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 19
  • FD37F61E-5A6A-4786-A8FF-788C9A433151.jpeg
    FD37F61E-5A6A-4786-A8FF-788C9A433151.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 18

Yoda mom

Staff member
3 nakids adoptees and a bengal adoptee. monthly cost in US food $32 a 16 lb bag lasts a long time. ear cleaner trizultra around $13 lasts a long time use on my kittles n pups. I use it for wipe downs on my nakids on swissper pads around $3 bucks for a big pack and box of qtips. no topical flea treatments and no vet visits in ages , knock on wood. hylyt shampoo around $14. minimal monthly costs for the crew

I refresh toys in a jar of catnip. lasts forever too

hugs n head smooches

Back