Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm trying to decide on a name for my new kitty. I'm considering: Harry, "Full" Monty, Niles, and Hamlet. Other names I like: "Bare" Bones, Romeo, Dermott, Beethoven, and Boo.
Love the name Harry!

Janusz

Lairian
Janus (Janusz)-

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (/ˈeɪnəs/; Latin: IANVS (Iānus), pronounced [ˈjaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past.

We named our new Sphynx Janusz - (pronounced 'Ya-Noosh'). We put a little spin on "Janus" as our new Sphynx's father's name is "Master Jon Snow," and he is from Russia. In Russian, Jon is Janusz. Our kitten was also born in January which Janusz also represents that month. This kitten represents a new beginning for me. My beloved Oriental passed away a year ago and I am ready to open my heart once again. Finally, Janusz is an odd-eyed...just like having two faces such as the Roman God Janus.

We are getting him from an incredible breeder in Florida. She is the best! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her. If you are looking for a reputable breeder, PM me , get on her list!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He's very handsome and has a cool name.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm seriously considering renaming Jezebel to Simkiel -- the Angel of Destruction.
Toothbrushes stolen and chewed to bits, glasses knocked over and on the floor, jam jars pushed down... and the daily routine of "What's in the Plastics Bin today that I can drag out?"

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I finally figured out my boy’s name!! Here are the names that I’m not using in case it inspires someone else to name their kitty

Sphynx Boy Names
  • Calvin
  • Kalbo
  • Mischa
  • Baron
  • Jagger
  • Dorian
  • King James
  • Krampus Claws
  • Sushi
  • PETA
  • Count Olof
  • Lord Disick
  • Magic Mike

Andrea Hovet

Lairian
I named my baby boy Mau after the Egyptian cat god. When I call him I say " Mau Mau" which he responds to, though my husband says it sounds like I am say meow meow.

Khafra

Lairian
hey guys,
Im not sure if you guys would like this post but ill throw up some cool names and meanings of the names for new sphynx owner's or maybe a friend or family member is looking for a cool name for their sphynx kitty.Give me some feed back and i will keep adding names.:Smile:
We call our boy Khafra, named after King Khafra the pharaoh of the IV dynasty of ancient Egypt 2,500 BCE. Khafra is said to be the face of the Great Sphinx where he is buried. We liked the connection to our Sphynx Khafra and the Great Sphinx Khafra.

pepal

Lairian
Obviously
Ozzy Osbald, the bald Kittyprince of Darkness
Baldwin
Prince Harry
Mr Clean

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As promised, here is my INSANE list of 70 possible girl names. Hopefully, someone finds this helpful in case they’re stuck like I am!

Sphynx GIRL Names:
  • Farrah -pretty
  • Astrid- gorgeous goddess
  • Pearl
  • Perla
  • Ariel
  • Rae
  • Zara - star or princess
  • Camille
  • Bobbi
  • Manila
  • Tala - goddess of the stars!
  • Nova
  • Star (Star Spray from Elwing)
  • Elle
  • Chloé-IG
  • Chika
  • Bambi
  • Bowie
  • Lady
  • Reese
  • Gem
  • Daphne
  • Seven
  • Lola
  • Arden
  • Kylie
  • Portia
  • Bebe
  • Denim- blue
  • Dior
  • Indie
  • Capri- whimsy, playful
  • Caprice-fanciful
  • Stella
  • Harlow
  • Kaia
  • Jolie
  • Eevie- life; Pokémon
  • Eden - place of pleasure/delight
  • Gigi
  • Alice
  • Kimber - African place
  • Prada
  • Fendi
  • Gwen/Gretchen
  • Nykie/Nike- mythology
  • Myka- Micah; like the Lord
  • Pepsi- cola
  • Kitson/Kitsyn
  • Melania/Milania- black
  • Mariah
  • Lia- weary
  • Zodiac- stars
  • Bellini- peach & champagne
  • Dillan- like a lion, loyal
  • Deven
  • Maia- Maya
  • Jules- jewels
Also, I think a bonded pair named Digit & Pixel would be absolutely adorable! Cheers!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Monica love the first name Farrah!

Reminds me of something in the newspaper a while ago. Parents got a daughter but they couldn't choose between about 250 names. So...they decided to give her all 250 names! Insane!! Poor girl if she ever has to write down al her names. Ans how are they going to call her? Right, aith the first of the 250 names.
So your girl has to be Farrah;-)

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross OMG that story is so funny and ridiculous! :0 I love the name Farrah! I was thinking like the girl's giant ears are kind of Farrah Fawcett's feathered hair, lol. Problem is, hubby doesn't like it. This is where the trouble is.... Everyone I love, he hates, and vis versa! Of course, I get full naming rights, so I may just veto his choices lol.

@Yoda mom I LOVE that too! Coco as a double entendre for the fashion icon and her chocolatey color! Perfect right?! See the issue stated above ^^^^ :0 : (

Let's face it ladies, ultimately hubby doesn't actually have a say. I'm just trying to be accommodating for now, but when she's here, I will name her whichever strikes my fancy, lol. ; )

Beckinboots

Lairian
When we got Rankle his name was Ramsey. We seriously considered changing it to Ramses after the Egyptian pharaohs but I just loved the Jim Henson's Studio character Rankle (from Christine McConnell 's Curious Creations) too much.