Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wanted to name our kitten after a teacher I heard this story about. "One day the students came in to their 2nd grade class to find a substitute teacher. As the children took their seats the teach started taking attendance. When she finished she told the children she would work hard to learn all their names by tomorrow. Then she wrote her name - Mrs. Prussy - on the chalkboard and pronounced her name. Then she said it's easy to remember, just like pussy but with an 'R'.

The next day as the children entered the classroom she greeted each of them by name. Then she looked to Johnny and him if he remembered her name. Johnny thought for a minute then said 'yes Mrs. Crunt just like pussy but with an 'R'. "

My wife nixed that and wants to go with Cleo

Sundance

Lairian
I got Tommy shortly after the death of my Cornish Rex Percy, and he's been channeling Percy big-time ever since. My daughter wanted to call him 2.0, as in Percy 2.0. But by then he had kind of named himself Tomfoolery.

If not Tomfoolery, his name might have ended up being Billy the NaKid.

Irine

Lairian
My daughter named our first girl Nylah ( some famous cat from Youtube ). I named my second girl, that is coming in the few weeks Aurora, Rorry for short. I love name Pandora ( or Panda ), and then Vesper. These are names for the girls. I haven't think of boys names yet, because i don't have any boys.

Tasha2511

Lairian
When we got Luna, were looking for names and it came down to Persephone (goddess of the underworld), Erinyes (Goddess of vengeance and retribution), Hecate (goddess of magic and witchcraft), Velvet (because she felt like velvet), Luna (Roman, goddess who embodied the moon), Serendipity (I loved the film)... But, she liked Luna...immediate recall! We called out different names on different days but she only responded to Luna. Looking at her now, she is living up to her name "Luna-tic" by night!

For a black boy I wouldve liked Hades (god of the underworld), Phantasos (god of dreams), Agapi (love in greek), Osiris, Hugo, or Lucifer. For blue and white, with a white nose and emerald eyes (we saw one, but missed him) it was picked out as Regal. For an all white boy, Dove, Charming, or Eros.

I recently met a lady at the vets, she was so sweet...she told me she used to have a Sphynx, and she named him Warlock "because I was bewitched by his eyes". HOW SWEET IS THAT?!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Tasha2511 , head smooches to Luna!
Love your list of names . I am sure other members will appreciate too! Good ones!

I swear if I ever had another sphynx I would name him "Oscar" because they eat like little piggies , often with wet food hanging from the chin , and make a mess tracking litter etc :)

Rainy19437

Lairian
@Yoda mom head smooches to Yoda!
Wet food from the chin made me laugh..? We got it on the nose...I should have named her Messy lol
I just put a deposit on my little love to the left. Was writing down possible names. Posted it on Facebook and my son wrote back, Mom, he looks like Yoda. Guess what. That is his name. Didn't dawn on me that your cat is also Yoda until the following day. I hope you don't mind.

Alon

Lairian
At first I thought to call him Chemo but I thought it can be offensive to some people ;)
‏ ‏his name is Smigul as from Lord of the rings, I thought it's original....
How many of you named him Smigul or Golum? lol

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
At first I thought to call him Chemo but I thought it can be offensive to some people ;)
‏ ‏his name is Smigul as from Lord of the rings, I thought it's original....
How many of you named him Smigul or Golum? lol

Interesting spelling the character in Lord of the Rings is spelled "Smeagol". I thought that would be a good name for a male kitty. As for Chemo, I wouldn't find it offensive but it certainly doesn't bring a smile to my face. I'm certain your Smigul brings you smiles every day.

Loveme

Lairian
Egyptian Sphynx names

Egyptian names

Amun - God of creation -boy

Horus - God of heavens - boy

Jamila - beautiful - girl

Kanika - black cloth - girl

Nailah - successful - girl

Mariasha - perfect one - girl

Busiris - temple of osiris - boy

Myrrh - natural scent - boy

Nashwa - wonderful feeling - girl

Ptah - earth god - boy

Paki - a witness - boy

I love all but first thing I like the most is Nailah, I could have named my son if he was a girl but hes a man his name is Nabil as meaning Noble in Egyptian . They are all beautiful and heartfelt names period!

uberalice

Lairian
I really like alliterative names, so for a long time I was stuck on pairs of masculine names with the same letter (Victor/Vincent or Victor/Vesper, Ouija/Omen, etc.); of course, then I go and name them Cyrus and Jeff after a song. :ROFLMAO:

Loveme

Lairian
I understand what you mean. My son once had 3 kittens same time we moved in new place and they got lost and disappeared or stolen but my son named each of them after fruit of loops undies. Grape, strawberry and pineapple was the last one that disappeared.

Traci Smith

Lairian
Sam and dean!!!!!

So ordinarily but the cutest boys on TV! Well, at least some of the cutest! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Interesting. I've always liked the Roman Pagan God names like Apollo or Atlas or Zeus.

I can't count how many times I've thought of a good name and just flat out forgot it. I always think it's funny when people give their pets human names like Billy Ray Cyrus or Benjamin Franklin (I know it's random). My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I rescued a dog once named Michael. What was even funnier was he weighed less than my sphynx. When he was getting into mischief, I would call after him using his first name and my last name. My kids thought it was hilarious.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 33

Adalie

Lairian
We liked the more classic spooky names. Jynx, Salem, and Wednesday were all names we considered before deciding on Atticus (from to kill a mockingbird). In hindsight, I like the name, Bambi because I often think Atticus looks like a newborn deer, with his long legs and jumping.:cat:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We liked the more classic spooky names. Jynx, Salem, and Wednesday were all names we considered before deciding on Atticus (from to kill a mockingbird). In hindsight, I like the name, Bambi because I often think Atticus looks like a newborn deer, with his long legs and jumping.:cat:
Hi there , I do like all the names you stated my granddaughter Alyshia -Mae went on line and googled good names for a sphynx
Well il tell you this ! I could read half of them let alone pronounce them lol
I always wanted a sphynx never in my wildest dreams did I think I would in time be owned by two !!!
But I really wanted a girl called grammie ( because of the wrinkles lol )
But I wasn’t allowed because they call me gammie and it was too confusing hence she got Cleopatra but only ever gets Cleo
Or baby
Xxx❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston , I swear my next if ever will be named "Oscar " because they eat everthing , try to go in trash and get grimey needing spa days!
(From Oscar the grouch Sesame Street show)

I thought of Wilbur (charlottes web pig ) or Piglet
Because they eat like little piggies

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I will be getting a Sphynx kitten in late January. Being a computer guy (database admin) I decided I needed an appropriately geeky name for the little fellow:

5e.

-^_^-
i have no idea what this means. Lol

Back