Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What does your Sphynx cat smell like?

What does your Sphynx kitty smell like?

• Fritos

Votes: 26 7.7%
  • Dirty feet

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Cheese

Votes: 20 5.9%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 95 28.2%
  • Other

Votes: 180 53.4%

• Total voters

Baby Luna

Lairian
My
I would highly recommend that any cat, Sphynx or otherwise that comes from a cattery and has diarrhea should not only have a Fecal and Giardia test sent to the lab but also tested for tritrichomonas foetus. This is a single cell protozoan parasite that is much more common then people think. It will NOT be detected in a normal fecal test. It should be detected by a PCR test. I found it on my Sphynx by running a Feline Diarrhea Panel by Idexx labs. He was also infected with giardia and roundworms when I got him, treated for those but his diarrhea did not clear up until he was treated for the tritrichomonas. I have a coworker who got her Sphynx kitten from a cattery in a completely different state then mine and he too was positive. It's very easily treated with ronidazole.

My baby had giardia when she got home, I agree w u. Hopefully when we check her Monday it's cleared. Still scary!

AlexaEels

Lairian
I just found this and had to respond. Seymour smells like potting soil and I think Baldwin smells like a salt, but the hubby says he smells like sweaty balls :( He does always smell sweaty, but it isn't bad in my opinion. I would say when it is time for a bath he does smell like a sweaty man.

Back