Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

which one for food?

Jmpaull

Lairian
We feed Niko and Hazel Royal Canin Kitten Sterilized. Its getting about that time to start thinking about moving up from Kitten stage food. I am torn between Royal Canin Sterilized or Royal Canin Sterilized Appetite Control or Royal Canin Sphynx breed. I can get them on the website I order their food through.
Im just so torn.

Royal Canin Sphynx dry food special composition for Sphynx cats, adapted energy content, support of the heart function, special nutrient combinations for a healthy ski

or

Royal Canin Sterilized 37 Cat food for neutered cats with a tendency to overweight, controlled energy intake, addition of L-carnitine for lean muscles, support of healthy urinary tract

or

Royal Canin Sterilized Appetite Control Cat food for castrated cats 1 to 7 years of age who are prone to increased food intake to support healthy urinary tract

Thanks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Jmpaull hello :)
Have you compared ingredients die by side? So,Erie,s the ingredients are not that different from each other .
I do know some members have fed the RC Sphynx food - I wasn't able to get it here
I personally would not go with appetite control or overweight formulas Since they are young unless down the road these things become an issue
Sphynx have a higher metabolism and eat a lot lol as you know
Hopeful the RC Sphynx food feeders will chime in :)

Head smooches to Niko and Hazel :)

Hope you get a chance to share some pictures of them

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hi there! We all want to give our sphynx the best food, and we all know the worries about deciding what's best.
There are a lot of different opinions about what food is the best. And as I see it, the best food is what works for your sphynx.

Royal Canin is known as a good food. I don't think it really matters witch of the three you give. With the side note that both breeder from my 3 cats say that RC Sphynx is very good but can be too heavy for a sphynx when he/she has a sensitive tummy.

Back