Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

can anyone help?

fixedatzero

Lairian
Someone is rehoming a Sphynx because she needs an emergency spay and they cant afford the bill ($500) are there any organizations that will help with the bill? If the bill isn't paid the kitty will have to be euthanized :( I really want to adopt her but I cant afford that bill as of right now.

Also if I should post this in another category please let me know !! :)

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would recommend the owner to start a gofundme or youcaring page and reach out to some sphynx communities, friends and family for donations.

Where are they located? Also are you sure it is legit and not a scam?

fixedatzero

Lairian
I would recommend the owner to start a gofundme or youcaring page and reach out to some sphynx communities, friends and family for donations.

Where are they located? Also are you sure it is legit and not a scam?
Thank you I will let them know!
They live a couple hours away from me and I hope its not a scam, I'm very skeptical so I would need to find a way to do this so the kitty is in my name before I either pay the bill or get help..

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Check S.O.A.R...its a sphynx and pitbull rescue. God I hope someone can help. Does she have health issues?

fixedatzero

Lairian
Update: the kitty needs to have the spay today or else she will have to be euthanized. I tried to come up with enough money but I still don't have enough. Other than having pyrometra she has no health issues. she is only a year and a half old. I really wanted to be able to pay the bill so I could adopt her :(

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You are being kinda vague.. if you can't pay the bill then maybe there is someone on here in the area who is willing to adopt her and pay it, it's better than her being euthanized.

I agree that you could also suggest the owner surrender her to a rescue such as S.O.A.R. To me this whole thing sounds like a bit of a red flag, unless you got proof that it's legit. If you do raise the money I would make sure to give cash only when picking up the cat to avoid being scammed.

fixedatzero

Lairian
The kitty is located in Northern California. Just a couple hours away from me I live in sacramento.

Sorry if I'm being "kinda vague" I only know so much. The lady had a post on craigslist. Someone else was going to pay the bill but they fell through. The cat is currently at vet. I also told the lady that if I could come up with the money that I would not pay until I picked her up.

If there is someone who is interested in helping and wanted to adopt her please feel free to give me your contact info and I will let the lady know ASAP.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Hmm I would want the name of the vet and find the number myself and call to confirm the info.. Along with requesting a copy of the estimate faxed to you etc . I would not hand over any money until owner transfership is done are the vet. Then and only then pay direct to the vet in person when you own the kitty. Most vets have a surrender form on hand too.

IMHO, I am seeing and feeling a red flag...
I am always suspicious of craigslist ads for money.. Did the other someone fall thru because they suspected something?

I am all for helping .. Just be very very careful.. And the cat is already at the vet? Hmm they charge daily etc.. I would want a picture of the cat at the vet etc with today's date and the vet letter head bill..

Keep us updated...

Ps. Some vets nowadays want a deposit of at least $200 before the cat is even dropped off/taken in the back.. Hmmm

Back