Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you dress your sphynx in clothes?

Do you dress your sphynx in clothes?

• Yes

Votes: 147 81.7%
  • No (please explain why)

Votes: 30 16.7%
  • I think it's rediculous! (be nice guys!)

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Faeron

Lairian
No.

My cat has 1 'sweater' I had bought so she could go outside and investigate the surroundings of our holiday home we were going to. It was a real struggle to get her in it and she seemed almost unable to move. So I realized she'd not a big fan of clothing and that was the first and last time she wore anything besides her harness.

Honestly, I think some kinds of clothes impede the movement of cats and make them uncomfortable. Of course I guess it depends how early you start with it and how often you make them wear it.

Clothes to keep warm (such as a sweater to go outside) I find okay. But clothes just to 'dress them up' are in my opinion quite unnecessary (not to say the ridiculous-word) :).

mysphynxspet

Lairian
Please do! I'm about to adopt my second and I'd like to dress them in coordinating clothes! I'm silly, I know. But I did it to my 2 sons too!!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Folks dress their pooches in clothes. I don't see anything wrong with dressing our cats up also. Especially because Sphynx need to be kept warm:Smile: Of course, as long as the clothing isn't too tight & restricting:Smile:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Savannah came to my home in her hydrant Shirt and I decided she needed some new ones.
Hydrant.jpg

Hydrant Shirt
SavannahSkull.jpg
[/IMG]
Her Skull n Roses Hoodie
Skirt.jpg

I removed the skirt LOL didnt bother her at all though
Hoodie.jpg

Doesn't even mind when the hoodie goes on her ears.
She loves her shirts and right now needs to be warm. Never thought I would dress my 4 legged babies :)

Soooo cute, Savannah:BigSmile:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Here is a photo of Nofuratu's new improved, larger closet. It is 4 feet long. He also has a trunk full of costumes. He did have a large doll size armoir and dresser but they couldnt hold it all......I spend more on his clothes than my own...LOL...of course I buy my stuff at thrift stores......

HA, I love it!!!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

Mamijo

Lairian
I will get my baby in July and plan to dress her up. I am hoping it won't take long to train her since she will still be a baby.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I will get my baby in July and plan to dress her up. I am hoping it won't take long to train her since she will still be a baby.

Hi Mamijo,
if you start young with dressing them, they become use to it! We dod not dress ours, but many members do.

skamp anders

Lairian
Mine were dressed for there trip to us, about 8 hours in a car. But they don't like it. Gillette walks like she is totally weak and can't climb or jump. Wilkinson walks normal, just doesn't like to put it on. But today she has to to make her stop licking her belly and throat. She has got dry skin and a really rough tongue, no perfect combination. I put Coco oil and clothes on her so I hope the skin will relax.

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
spencer is not really a clothes kind of boy. he will wear a t shirt but nothing sweater like, he licks and licks haha.

Ladybug

Lairian
Ours LOVE to be dressed, I think they are much warmer and very comfortable! They run around alot more when they are clothed.

Sphynxaholic

Lairian
I just put on Tyler's first sweater and at first I thought he hated it because he fell over on his side and just looked pathetic .... but... a few seconds latter he was running around like nothing was different! Now he is all snuggly laying down looking oh so happy! I THINK he likes it, I wish he could tell me so. :)

toms4marisa

Lairian
I sure hope Dante likes to wear clothes bc i've bought enough to last him a life time. all different sizes mostly ones he can grow into and all different styles (polo/hoodie/sweater/vest/t-shirts/everything!!) I'll be sure to post pictures of him all dressed up!

bthomas

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Elvis has a couple shirts and sweaters, but he is too tiny for all but his pjs. Look for the pic I posted, hilarious!

Timmy & the Twins

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Timmy has to hand knit sweaters a friend made. He doesn't mind wearing them too much. He had a fleece coat but it no longer fits. I have had a terrible time finding any clothes for him. All of the dog clothes are either too short or too big. I haven't found any place near me (Michigan) that specifically sell clothes for cats. I saw pictures here on the lair of a cat in a argyle sweater vest with tie and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. His owner said it came from Target. I've never seen anything like it at the stores in my area. Oh well, too bad! I'm sure I'll find something eventually. Until then Timmy will just have to run around buck naked. He has a flock coating so he's not really naked anyway.

Leslye, Lindsey, & Timmy

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I voted no for a few reasons. One is that I have a hard time finding things to fit him properly. I also worry about leaving him dressed and unsupervised. Also, he loves to burrow and has a few favorite blankets so I never worry about him being cold. I do have a little jacket that he wears when we go to the vets and he has towles and blankets to snuggle in then as well. But other than that we dont even own any clothes for him.

Crinkuls

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:BigSmile: I sometimes put my 2 Sphynx in t-shirts if the house hasnt got to the correct temperature in the morning ie been a cold night. They dont mind at all as the breeder "jumper(sweater) trained" them before i got them. They have a few knitted jumpers in case they have to go to vets/cattery and its cold but my house is generally very warm so they dont need any clothes on at all.

Back