Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Guys I need your opinion as soon as you can give it!!

Frosty sphynx

Lairian
Hey guys I think I might of found a sphynx! She is 4 and is gonna be spayed and shes gonna be $650! From what I can tell Patti the lady selling her seems legit, they live in Virginia so its not to far from me. They were giving her up because her last litter was full of defects and all died. The lady that was selling her was like "She has no value to us, shes not a good breeder and so if you don't take her shes gone. She doesn't mean anything to us and normally we sell bad moms at 1500 but she really just sucks so that's why she is so low! So if you wanna take this ugly girl be my guest! (I was extremely upset when they called this momma ugly!!) "! This cat has had 12 litters in 4 years like are you kidding!!!! The lady wouldn't answer me about what would happen if I didn't adopt the cat so I can assume it won't be good judging by just how bad they talk about her. I really want to get her out of the situation so yeah I Think, THINK I am gonna adopt her! The lady said I had three days to make a choice before she would be "Gone"! So I wanted your guys opinion, do you think this is my stars aligned sphynx or a scam! I put in a picture of the mom. The lady said the vet said she is all clear health wise just needs to be spayed and said the vet just thinks "she wasn't meant to breed and with the age she was when she was forced to start breeding it caused the for the bad litters! ( yeah thats right litters! As I am writing this I just found out she had 3 bad litter not one! It breaks my heart!!)

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 45

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am a bit cautious to be honest. That pic looks like it is of a very young cat, not an adult. If you want to message me the breeder I will see what i condo e up with for you as far as scamming. @Frosty sphynx Something feels off especially with how they are talking about the cat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Definitely ask for a pic with the cat in front of a newspaper with the current date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Frosty sphynx , going with my gut here .. it feels a bit off to me too... can u pm me the actually ad you found her on? are they asking for western union etc... I agree that pics looks like a youngster to have had as many litters as stated ..

I have a retiree... she was spayed by the breeder before coming home to me...had all papers, HCM Scanned, pics , videos and loved beyond measure.... breeder retired her after one difficult litter and did right by her . breeder spayed her and also kept her for several weeks for hormones to settle..

something just feels off to me with this pic and story....

just my 2 cents... will be looking for your Pm and update...
and an FYI... always go with your gut... you already are asking if its a scam or not so u must feel something off?
I passed up on the first few sphynx that were available that seemed off... and when i adopted toby (name changed) I was not told he whole story....

I am glad you reached out to us for an extra thought on this...

agree with reading the fraud thread and also ask for the pic with todays paper , a soda can etc...
also google the number , names... I found alot of scammers that way selling sick puppies and kitties all over the US.

my first girl yoda was from a scammer... she was sick severe hcm and blood curling embolisms and passed at age 2..

not to alarm you but definitely do your research and share with us in a pm details

please please chime back in

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree, something seems a bit off here. I would try and speak directly to the vet yourself, if that's possible. And, if she's a breeder, she should have papers and documents etc. You should be able to see those as well.
Like the others have said, trust your gut ... I wonder if there is software that you can use to see if this particular picture pops up on the web somewhere?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hoping you can get to the bottom of this. It was really heartbreaking to read how they would describe one of their own queens. I couldn't imagine anybody who breeds for love to speak of one of their babies that way. Keep us posted.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It's heartbreaking to read what this breeder says about her cat. If it all is real I think changes are big this sphynx isn't well taken care of and may have health issues herself.
I think it's important to think for yourself if you are able to deal with a neglected cat who might have health issues.

I would certainly not pay anything before you have her in your arms. If you go get her, don't go alone. Don't meet on a parkinglot where you can be robbed easily (in case it turns out to be a scam). Ask to meet in person, to see the cat, and only then pay the money.
If the breeder and cat are real, this cute and beautiful sphynx sure deserves a new forever home!

Let us now what you decide. We will support you!

Breeze

Lairian
I agree, something seems a bit off here. I would try and speak directly to the vet yourself, if that's possible. And, if she's a breeder, she should have papers and documents etc. You should be able to see those as well.
Like the others have said, trust your gut ... I wonder if there is software that you can use to see if this particular picture pops up on the web somewhere?
There is a website called Tineye that you can upload images and it searches the web for the image. Noting came up for the photo of the cat in the OP’s post though.

RachelAnn

Lairian
I had to deal with plenty of scams when I was looking for my baby. I’m sorry this sounds almost 100% like a scam. Don’t go through with this please and let them take your money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back