Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help for Hope

HannahandHope

Lairian
My Hope baby is 2 years old and I have noticed she had hip pain, and she passed gas yesterday once and it smelt like sulfur, and just a minute ago she had a seizure. I just need help on what could be wrong, she is my whole world. My mom passed away four months ago and she is my emotional support animal, I’m just really worried about her. I’m going to make a vet appointment I just need things that could possibly be wrong with my baby!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you are getting her to the vet ASAP. Only they can really diagnose what is going on. I know it is scary. Please keep us updated. Positive vibes are sent.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have a cat that has had seizures (idiopathic epilepsy) Not severe ones. Maybe the hip pain is from a previous seizure if it was severe and thrashing occurred.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@HannahandHope , Love your avatar pic -welcoming you and Hope to the lair family
So sorry to hear Hope had a seizure :(
How is she tonight ?

My dog also has seizures - on phenobarbital for 6 mos amd under control
I totally understand feel for you-
Best to get her to s vet as soon as possible for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan to get things under control -

Sending a lair full of positive vibes -
Please please keep us updated often
We are here for you
((Hugs))and head smooches

My sincere condolences for the loss of your mom.
(I get it.. I lost my dad a year ago this week - it feels like yesterday-)

Extra Sphynx cuddles with Hope

HannahandHope

Lairian
@HannahandHope , Love your avatar pic -welcoming you and Hope to the lair family
So sorry to hear Hope had a seizure :(
How is she tonight ?

My dog also has seizures - on phenobarbital for 6 mos amd under control
I totally understand feel for you-
Best to get her to s vet as soon as possible for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan to get things under control -

Sending a lair full of positive vibes -
Please please keep us updated often
We are here for you
((Hugs))and head smooches
Thank You! She seems better tonight so far but going to keep an eye on her!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@HannahandHope Oh good :)
I do strongly recommend you call your vet amd discuss a wellness check
I would ask about seizures as well as to rule out any possibility of a thrombosis embolism that can be seizure like - your vet can tell you a lot based on the symptoms she had.
**Also , if it ever happens again , prayers it doesn't ,
try to video tape it so you can show your vet -

Not to alarm but you but to share from my experiemce , embolisms can have Lower body paralysis , vocalizing , sometimes accompanied by loss of Bowels
(I know bcz I went through this with my girl - I didn't know what was going on until I took her to the vet )
Also have your vet take a listen to her heart for any murmurs - I ask this everytime I take them on for a routine exam .

What was Hope's seizure like ? How long did it last ?
Was it paddling legs etc like we see with our dogs thst have had seizures ? Or was it different ?
Give her gentle head smooches form me

I always best to check with your vet for peace of mind

Last edited:

HannahandHope

Lairian
@HannahandHope Oh good :)
I do strongly recommend you call your vet amd discuss a wellness check
I would ask about seizures as well as to rule out any possibility of a thrombosis embolism that can be seizure like - your vet can tell you a lot based on the symptoms she had.
**Also , if it ever happens again , prayers it doesn't ,
try to video tape it so you can show your vet -

Not to alarm but you but to share from my experiemce , embolisms can have Lower body paralysis , vocalizing , sometimes accompanied by loss of Bowels
(I know bcz I went through this with my girl - I didn't know what was going on until I took her to the vet )
Also have your vet take a listen to her heart for any murmurs - I ask this everytime I take them on for a routine exam .

What was Hope's seizure like ? How long did it last ?
Was it paddling legs etc like we see with our dogs thst have had seizures ? Or was it different ?
Give her gentle head smooches form me

I always best to check with your vet for peace of mind
I’m definitely going to take her to a vet! Her seizures she was dead wait I could move her head look at her gums and wouldn’t wake up at all my dog who had epelepsy had similar seizures. They last under a minute.and sorry about your babies! And I will! Thank you!

Back