Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help!!! Spots by the bum!

Marerickson

Lairian
zhuri recently got these spots by her bum! I cleaned her butt extra good yesterday and when got home from work this afternoon it was worse! I just cleaned her against her will so the pictures arent as bad as it was before but can someone please tell me what this is?! We have an appointment at the vet Monday morning but it makes me nervous that something is wrong (new sphynx mom problems!) thanks guys!

Btw i use worlds best cat litter which i read can cause yeast infections! And we just switched from diamond naturals to royal canin kitten food if that might be part of the problem?!

Attachments

• IMG_8638.JPG
    IMG_8638.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8639.JPG
    IMG_8639.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8641.JPG
    IMG_8641.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 109

Sheldon13

Staff member
Is it something that is moist or stuck on the skin? Because honestly it just looks like a little bit of hardened poop to me. My girl gets it sometimes too and she needs extra booty baths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When in doubt, a visit to the vet is in order. I've heard a variety of negative results from using World's Best yet others use it without problem. This leads me to believe there is a component some cats react to.

And I really hope someone can add clarity, and forgive if this is TMI, but your girl seems to have swollen labia which could indicate an allergen or just general unhappiness. I've only had one female cat and that's Min, my Sphynx girl. I've never Min's labia like that except when she was in heat. I'm dying here mentioning this, but I thought I'd mention in case it's relevant.

Marerickson

Lairian
Is it something that is moist or stuck on the skin? Because honestly it just looks like a little bit of hardened poop to me. My girl gets it sometimes too and she needs extra booty baths.

No it is hardened to the skin! I had to hold a warm washcloth on her bum for a few mins to even get any off and now it looks very raw/irritated! I feel awful! I don't think its poo!

Marerickson

Lairian
When in doubt, a visit to the vet is in order. I've heard a variety of negative results from using World's Best yet others use it without problem. This leads me to believe there is a component some cats react to.

And I really hope someone can add clarity, and forgive if this is TMI, but your girl seems to have swollen labia which could indicate an allergen or just general unhappiness. I've only had one female cat and that's Min, my Sphynx girl. I've never Min's labia like that except when she was in heat. I'm dying here mentioning this, but I thought I'd mention in case it's relevant.

No I agree it does seem swollen! We have a vet appt. at 9 this monday so i'm just hoping I can keep her as clean as possible and nothing will get worse before we see her dr!

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Marerickson I notice when we have a buildup here that the best thing is a good 10 minutes soak. It seems less traumatic for them as you can avoid the scrubbing quite a lot more.

Back