Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi, Firehillqueen, new to sphynxlair!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great room! We have a sunroom that we use as our kitty room downstairs and they love it because of all the sunshine, but it has been under construction and closed for 6 months now:Angry:
I just bought a big cat tree for in there when if ever it is finished, now it is in the family room and they love it.

firehillqueen

Banned
My new kitties are home! I did not end up with the dark face female. After discussion with the breeder and holding all the kittens, I ended up with the seal point female with the white markings. She is the most loving docile darling. I did go ahead and buy the cream point male. He is a bold little thing. he is already all over the house. Names are pending ... but I couldn't be HAPPIER! Will post photos soon.

firehillqueen

Banned
The new babies
25747_1428090707159_1379552302_1216.jpg
25747_1428090747160_1379552302_1216.jpg
25747_1428090787161_1379552302_1216.jpg
25747_1428090827162_1379552302_1216.jpg

The cream is the male..and the seal point is female

Last edited:

firehillqueen

Banned
Happily Tosca seems to be doing much better than expected. She has hissed some, but all in all hasn't freaked out... keeping fingers all crossed.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
awww! they are cute!

sorry if my allergy addled brain is mixed up on who's who here but how is Tosca handling the kittens?

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh they are adorable!! Congratulations!!

Fingers crossed that Tosca will settle in with them nicely...let me know if she does cos that gives me hope that maybe Mug-Y may accept someone else eventually!

LOVE the pics and can't wait to see more.

X

firehillqueen

Banned
So far Miss Tosca sits on the couch and lifts her lip and hisses. Not as much as I expected. So I have hope that she will get use to them. She hasn't attempted to get near the babies. So that is good right? The girl runs everytime Tosca hisses, the male looks at her like she is crazy and as of this morning he strolled on past her without running away. I have a feeling very little will intimidate this fellow. Last night he played chase with my Chihuahua female, Tempest. For now he is smaller that she is, but I am sure he will out grow her. She likes cats, but I could tell she was surprised that he dared run at her. She ran, he followed, she turned after one or two loops around the living room and chased him. We all had a good laugh.

I am looking for kitty names of course.
narrowed down ideas to

Ciel ( French for Sky )
25747_1428090827162_1379552302_1216.jpg

Cadeau ( Gift )
25747_1428090787161_1379552302_1216.jpg

I am still open for ideas

Last edited:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think both those names are lovely, and quite original, which is always a good thing i think.

I'm glad he's making himself at home so much....I reckon your poor chihuahua is in for a rough ride! :LOL:

X

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
I think both those names are lovely, and quite original, which is always a good thing i think.

I'm glad he's making himself at home so much....I reckon your poor chihuahua is in for a rough ride! :LOL:

X

Don't underestimate the Chihuahua!

I have a little 4 pounder who claimed my Exotics as HERS when I brought them home. Eventhough they are a little bigger than she is, Gracie can still pin them down and wash their faces and ears. Man, can she clean ears! The only difference is that now the cats reciprocate and sometimes Gracie is damp with kitty spit. She loves it though.

Firehillqueen, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your Chi claims the kittens as her own! Continue to keep an eye on Tosca. Just because she isn't going after them or hiding doesn't mean she isn't experiencing some sort of distress on the inside. Make sure she is eating for you. Sometimes they'll go off their food if they are holding it all in. When cats go on hunger strikes, you can end up with a whole other set of issues.

firehillqueen

Banned
I will keep an eye on Tosca. I know she ate well last night. So far her form of protest has been messing outside the cat box. So I got the kittens a separate box and put it in a different area. So far it seems to work .. crossing my fingers.

firehillqueen

Banned
This is Tempest, she is one of our 5 Chihuahuas. She was very attached to Singe. They use to lay together and lick each others faces. I think she and the new kitties will be big buddies. She is a kind and sweet dog.
TempestCute.jpg

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Yahoo! I am so glad to hear she's eating!

My fingers and all paws here are crossed that it works. Ya know, getting used to a brudder and sister in a home you feel safe in is probably a very different experience than being in a shelter situation. We all know they do their best, but just based on numbers, Tosca was seeing a lot of kitties there she really didn't know, and couldn't get to know. She was also in a shelter environment and no matter how good it was, isn't the same as her own home!

I'm really hoping and praying and sending you positive thoughts that this works out!

firehillqueen

Banned
Richard mades a point of only holding and petting Tosca. He held her and soothed only her trying to reasure her that HE is still her man. He said she is his cat and he didn't even pick up a kitten. Bless his heart. He is such a tuff guy.. right"
This is the man that hated cats until he met the Sphynx.... hahhhahah.

firehillqueen

Banned
Update on Tosca
Well, she is getting use to the kittens. She still will growl a little at Cadeau, the boy, but tonight she allowed Ciel to lay on Richard's lap just below her where she was laying on his chest with her head on his shoulder as always. I think this is a great step forward.
Tosca has also discovered the joys of the cat porch. She LOVES to go out and spend the day watching the birds and the wind move the leaves on the trees. She seems to enjoy the outdoor room more then I ever expected her to. I think she is pretty happy all in all.
The kittens are wonderful. What different little personalities they have. Ciel is cuddly and sweet and Cadeau is a pill and a half. He is into everything. Ciel can't nap without him sneaking up and pouncing on her. They have taken over the cat tower and are hysterical to watch. I wanted to get some more photos of them, but what should be action shots are nothing but blurs of running kittens.

Back