Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm Kiri, my new old man is Bau

Kiri

Lairian
:cat::cat::cat::cat:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello All! I'm new to the site :D. My family of 3 just took in a Sphynx from a friend. As this is a site for our hairless creatures, I'd like to tell you his story. I was told by a friend that his friend just got a hold of a Sphynx that was thrown outside. That family had Bau for 9 years and I'm not sure why they decided they didn't want him anymore but where I live it gets 100+ outside (Bakersfield,CA). We've always wanted a Sphynx but didn't have the money to buy one and so we took this opportunity to get one AND give him a good home. (y) We met Bau and the lady who grabbed him she told us about him from what she knew and about the breed(she breeds them as well). When we met him to our surprise he loved us! He was not distant, he is a little over weight, started growing hair from being outside, about 9 years old and just full of love!! No resentment from his previous owners towards ppl. So, we feel in love immediately, of course. She felt like we were the perfect family for him and offered to pay his first vet visit (she wanted to make sure he was healthy before giving him away). We took him home after we bought everything he needed, and he settled in wonderfully. I know he's happy again, and he'll live out the rest of his life happy. :cat: Now, my family and I are learning as we go (about his breed specifically) and are just wanting him to be 100% happy. Any/All helpful tips and advice are appreciated. I'm excited to be apart of this community. :smuggrin: And hope you enjoyed his pics and story.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow! Welcome and hope you have many happy years together. Glad you found the Lair. It is a wonderful resource for information and friendship

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kiri , welcome to your family and Very Handsome Bau!
What a great happy tale! Thank you for opening your hearts and home to Bau-
Looking forward to your pictures and journey with us!
We all learn and grow together here!

If you have other pets, be sure to share them in the pet tails thread! We love pics!
Jump in and enjoy!
Be sure to click on the red black and white triangle help center bar that has great info too!
Sphynx Cat Help Center

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome ! What a lucky baby to have found his forever home. He is one handsome/lucky boy. Your life is changed forever.

Patti

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
hi and welcome Kiri ! Bau is very cute !!! They are such lovers, no matter what age. His story is amazing and I am glad he found a great home at last . I can not imagine throwing any of my cats out , no matter or they are furry or naked. Crazy world !! But no matter how many bad people there are, there is always someone like You with a heart of Gold to take an animal like Bau in and give it a forever home. So thankful for that !!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Kiri and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a handsome guy he is! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

Kiri

Lairian
hi and welcome Kiri ! Bau is very cute !!! They are such lovers, no matter what age. His story is amazing and I am glad he found a great home at last . I can not imagine throwing any of my cats out , no matter or they are furry or naked. Crazy world !! But no matter how many bad people there are, there is always someone like You with a heart of Gold to take an animal like Bau in and give it a forever home. So thankful for that !!

Thank you :X3: I appreciate that.

Kiri

Lairian
@Kiri , welcome to your family and Very Handsome Bau!
What a great happy tale! Thank you for opening your hearts and home to Bau-
Looking forward to your pictures and journey with us!
We all learn and grow together here!

If you have other pets, be sure to share them in the pet tails thread! We love pics!
Jump in and enjoy!
Be sure to click on the red black and white triangle help center bar that has great info too!
Sphynx Cat Help Center

Thanks! ok, I will try what you said. Im still learning this site, so bare with me.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Handsome little gentlemen you have. I am surprised he even lived
being outside. They can't survive outside. So glad you got him.
You'll love it here.
You need to get some L lysine and give him daily for his immune
system.
HyLyt Shampoo is Amazing for sphynx.

Here is a link where you can buy L lysine

Lysine Powder - 500 Grams
It's powder form, which is best. You can put in the wet food. Pure lysine only.

Here is a link where you can get the shampoo
Dog Grooming Supplies | HyLyt Shampoo, Creme Rinse, and Bath Spray

Kiri

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Handsome little gentlemen you have. I am surprised he even lived
being outside. They can't survive outside. So glad you got him.
You'll love it here.
You need to get some L lysine and give him daily for his immune
system.
HyLyt Shampoo is Amazing for sphynx.

Thank you. I dont know how long he was outside. But, i'm greatful too. Thanks for the tips, i'll be checking those both out for sure! Your cat is super cute:cat:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kiri , Bau must feel so good after his "spa day" bath! Glad he was a good boy! Lol wish my adoptees were so good! Mine hate water! Thank goodness for Hylyt shampoo- works wonderful and I can go a month between baths with doing warm water baby wash cloths wipe downs in between "spa day"
I give mine l-lysine - some folks use the capsules and break them open and mix in wet food too
There are several good 100% pure brands out there- fwiw, mine hated the cat version paste enysyl- f version from the vets office.

Bau is sooo stunningly Handsome- love love his color and markings! Head smooches from me!
I bet Bau and your family are having a wonderful time together!
Looking forward to more pics and stories!

Bless you and your family for filling his world with love and care

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kiri, how's Bau ?
I also forgot to mention many of us have done the litter trial and error -
Many of use use dr elseys clumping in the blue bag - unscented ,close to none dust:)
I learned about hylyt shampoo, l-lysine and dr elseys here and couldn't be happier .
I get the litter($14 for 4o lbs ) free shipping over $49 at chewy.com
Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Clumping Cat Litter, 40-lb bag
Gets here in 2-3 days and lots of food brands have a free bag program - just ask -
Awesome customer service

Just tidbits to pass along- you will get a ton of great suggestions here to choose from)
I am so glad for all the friendly folks here- I don't do FB or other social media and this has been awesome here.

Head smooches to handsome Bau! He looks so Dapper like he is in a Tuxedo! :)

Kiri

Lairian
Awesome.. I'm going to look those up.. I already looked up the shampoo and powder.. This site seems so foreign to me.. lol.. but i look at it through out the day. Thanks

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hello @Kiri and welcome to sphynxlair for you and Bau! I'm happy Bau has found a new and forever home with you. It's good to hear you are able to have a sphynx after wanting one for years and Bau has a loving home. He's a very handsome boy.
Hope to hear a lot of stories about Bau!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome to you and Bau! What a sweetheart. He looks so loving and affectionate. I bet your family love him so much already.

Thank you for sharing the story and I hope you find lots of great information here. And please regale us with any other stories and pics!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a handsome little man you have there!
I'm so happy for you and for Bau!

You're going to love the lair, everyone here is so amazing and always happy to help and share experiences.

There is nothing quite like being adopted by a sphynx, enjoy the ride :p

Back