Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is my cat a Sphynx?

Odinsmommy

Lairian
Hello! I have a beautiful Blue/Gray 1year old hairless boy named Odin Forskin. I know there are several types of hairless cats, Canadian/Donsky/peterbald, and I'm wondering which mine is.

I found Odin from a friend of my mother. He needed to be relocated as the new baby in his house was allergic. He was very skinny and sick when I got him too. Since then he has put some weight on and still gets sick if he stresses out too much but otherwise he is a perfect kitty! You He is just the most cuddly, loving cat I've ever met honestly. Anyway, his first mommy said that he had flown in from Germany but she also didn't have any papers for me or anything so I'm not sure if that's true. I will attach some pictures and I was wondering if anyone can determine between the hairless breeds?

Either way, I'm very glad that he is with me in a home where he can be loved on forever :) #AllTheBabyINeedRightNow

IMG_4759.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
IMG_4816.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4326.JPG
    IMG_4326.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 73

MaoSphynx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair @Odinsmommy enjoy your time here and feel free to ask questions
Lots of them
No question is ever stupid if you are unsure about something.How old is he?

Odinsmommy

Lairian
@MaoSphynx He is 1 year old according to his previous owner and I feed him wellness brand dry and wet food. Non fish based because I heard it is the reason for the bad gas and he pees A Lot and I heard that switching from fish can help that.

Odinsmommy

Lairian
@MaoSphynx He gets a bath about once a week or a week and a half if he isn't too dirty. I use johnsons tear free. We have one small dog too and they seem to get along pretty well. I also have lots of shelves and cat trees for him to climb on and he has two litter boxes. My vet told me to pamper him because he has a condition that will make him sick when he is stressed out.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Odin's a handsome one! Beautiful, in fact. And you have your answer, but I just wanted to say welcome and fawn over Odin!

Odinsmommy

Lairian
My vet says that he has Feline Idiopathic Cystitis. does anybody have any experience with this? he pees outside his litter box a lot. not in a spraying position just peeing. he also gets stressed very easily.

Back