Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Snapcrcklpop

Lairian
I know I'm late to the party. But I thought you might find this interesting. I'm a licensed vet tech and I would say your cat is at risk for feline leukemia if your other cats are going in and out. I did read the article Patti posted above and it's true, they do have a chance of causing sarcomas; but so do all other vaccines. The great part is they have developed a line of vaccines especially for kitties called Purevax vaccines. The companies figured out that it was the adjuvant in the old vaccines that were contributing to the development of sarcomas in kitties. The Purevax line is non-adjuvanted and our vets at our practice say that the removal of these adjuvants has diminished the chance of a sarcoma very considerably. So I would say, try to get your hands on a Purevax vaccine.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know I'm late to the party. But I thought you might find this interesting. I'm a licensed vet tech and I would say your cat is at risk for feline leukemia if your other cats are going in and out. I did read the article Patti posted above and it's true, they do have a chance of causing sarcomas; but so do all other vaccines. The great part is they have developed a line of vaccines especially for kitties called Purevax vaccines. The companies figured out that it was the adjuvant in the old vaccines that were contributing to the development of sarcomas in kitties. The Purevax line is non-adjuvanted and our vets at our practice say that the removal of these adjuvants has diminished the chance of a sarcoma very considerably. So I would say, try to get your hands on a Purevax vaccine.
Thank you for the reply, sadly my baby passed away, however I rescued a little 8 year old lady, and after a lengthy discussion with my vet we decided to go ahead and have the jab, on one condition that he put it in her leg I'm an ott mum, after Luce passed I decided you can do everything in your power by the book and it still won't be enough, so I went with my vets advice and I trust him so she's all up to date :) she just needs spaying wich is one of my main worrys but I know the cons of not having it done are worse so we will be doing that next month :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Thank you for the reply, sadly my baby passed away, however I rescued a little 8 year old lady, and after a lengthy discussion with my vet we decided to go ahead and have the jab, on one condition that he put it in her leg I'm an ott mum, after Luce passed I decided you can do everything in your power by the book and it still won't be enough, so I went with my vets advice and I trust him so she's all up to date :) she just needs spaying wich is one of my main worrys but I know the cons of not having it done are worse so we will be doing that next month :)

Great to hear from you! How are you and your girl doing?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy31 , hugs n head smooches to Flo - she is a sweetie
Thank you for opening your heart n home to her
Hope you can post a thread and share stories and pics of her with us-
Sending positive vibes for her spay surgery - please keep us updated -
Extra cuddles sent to your babies

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
image.jpg
@Amy31 , hugs n head smooches to Flo - she is a sweetie
Thank you for opening your heart n home to her
Hope you can post a thread and share stories and pics of her with us-
Sending positive vibes for her spay surgery - please keep us updated -
Extra cuddles sent to your babies
Thank you :) perhaps one day! But I will let you know how she gets in :) hope you're all well xx

Back