Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lair Prayers for Pixie

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What a relief the tumor is not cancerous! It still a lot for Pixie and you to deal with. Sending lots of positive vibes. Jezzy seems to be opened up to Pixie!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She's doing ok. The eye is never going to be good again, but the wounds are all healing. Instead of the cone, I have a pullover on her, so she can't lick. That's still "meh", but not as "Meh" as the cone lol.
Checkup is on Tuesday at 2pm -- which also happens to be Oz's 22nd Birthday.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pixie was "in the out" and decided she doesn't want to go back in lol
Best way to achieve it is to pin me down.
IMG_20240412_132737_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240412_131601_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240412_135007_HDR.jpg

You can see the state her eye is in.
This is better than it was, but not a lot.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke , melt my heart, thank you for the adorable Team Pixie photos. such a mommas girl full of personality! love the sweaters!
continued healing vibes for her eye. you are the bestest mum

ps... I love your well!!!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ps... I love your well!!!
Wait until the honeysuckle blooms... :p
Not enough on it - yet - but ever since I chopped down the huge conifer that was next to it, I've managed to resurrect the honeysuckle and I'm slowly training it to grow over it.
And yes, the well works. There's a tight plastic pallet over it, because the cats love it too... and I have nightmares of them falling in. This way they can't, and I don't have to worry when they hop on the edge. (It's DEEP)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke , cant wait for the well photos. great idea covering a working well!
such a sweet photo of you two! hugs n head smooches to all

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Today was the last vet visit. :)
The rubs in her armpits are almost done, but I'll continue applying creme to keep it soft until the scabs come off.
The eye healed better than he anticipated, the cloudiness should eventually go away, but that doesn't mean it's back to normal.
Still, better (much better) than it was.
His new assistant wanted to see "the naked cat", so I got her out of the box again... and forgot to close the actual door zipper.
(It opens at the top as well.)
Half way home, Pixie decided it was time to creep out, seeing as the door was open just enough to do so.
So there I am, driving, with Miss Nosy exiting the cat carrier. Alas, she climbed on top of it, and sat there freaking out drivers and people walking, enjoying the scenery.
I took the back roads home (where you might encounter a tractor but not much else) and drove very slowly.
She loved it lol.
Took a pic on arrival.
IMG_20240416_153001_HDR.jpg

She was perched like this all the way home (after stomping through the shopping on the back seat), also with paws on the side to look out of the window properly. This cat loves being in the car...

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke , melt my heart. I am happy healing on the arm pits and eye much better. I took my Yoda months and did see improvement.
Hugs n head smooches! I bet everyone at the vets office fell in love with Pixie!

A big Happy 22nd Birthday wish n nose scritches to Oz! look forward to pics! love to all

1713277733019.png

Back