Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

AlexaEels

Lairian
How about Hershey?! nothing like a perfect Hershey or Romeo lol. Just have fun...a name will eventually stick.

He is too light to be a Hershey. I really think I like Baldwin. I know it has probably been used a lot, but we love kind of sweet and dorky human names. We have a parrot named Clyde, a bulldog named Zoey and another Mortimer. I think Baldwin would fit our family well. Lol.

AlexaEels

Lairian
I can't think of what to name the sphynx i will be getting in a few months!
But I have a dog named George. Haha
We have names like that, human but cute. We have Clyde, Zoey, Mortimer, Bob, Zimmerman, Baldwin and Seymour. The animals our daughters has named are Gingerbread, Stripes, Blue, Cupcake, T-Rex, Rumpelstiltskin, and Raptor. Yes we have a lot of animals lol

tara44

Lairian
I like to use human names for my animals, too. I've had cats named Maggie and Effie, and dogs called Charlie, Melanie, Chiquita, Louis and Arthur.
Our sphynx will be Clementine. Other names we considered were Bambi and Lucy for a girl, or Barney and Alfie for a boy.

renewedmind

Banned
One other name I thing might be kinda funny cause I heard it a joke along time ago so let me tell the joke so it makes sense... Up front the name confusion has a dirty word so avert your eyes if it offends....

A woman and her son were waiting at a doctors office to which they had never been the nurse walked out to call the next patient and then turned around went and asked about her nurse how do u say this name he reply was just say it how it sounds so she went back out into the waiting room and announce $hit-Head Johnson the doctor will see you now to which the mother and son went walking to the lady the mom was mad and looked at the nurse and said don't you know how to say Sha-Theed ... And the kids name was spelled $hithead Johnson....

So I think that would be a funny one to name an animal that with that spelling but pronounce it Sha-Theed but when u write it down all others see is $hithead lol... Which makes me wonder though if the registering groups won't take "No $hit Sherlock" if they would take that one???

Cleos mom

Lairian
Interesting. I've always liked the Roman Pagan God names like Apollo or Atlas or Zeus.

I can't count how many times I've thought of a good name and just flat out forgot it. I always think it's funny when people give their pets human names like Billy Ray Cyrus or Benjamin Franklin (I know it's random). My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.
lol..I have a Hank, Ellie May , and a Tara Jean...lol..

Momrat329

Lairian
I adopted by babies when they were 8 months old and already named....... my little girl was named Mocha and was very appropriate due to her coloring. My big boy was named Comet. I just couldnt see it as a bunch of animals in my community are named Comet due to it being our high school mascot. I decided to change his name to Mr Spock due to his large ears! It fits hime to a "T".

On a side note, does anyone have litter mates who are so different in size? Spock is almost 3 times as big as his sister! She is very petite!

Attachments

• mr spock.jpg
    mr spock.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 65

GMPLAX23

Lairian
I've made quite the list for my kitten. Some are geared more toward the fact I'm getting a black sphynx.
Luca
Orion- like the constellation
Nox- Harry Potter spell to put out light
Spike
Linus- favorite Peanuts character
Brom- hero from one of my favorite book series the Inheritance Cycle

Miss Beck

Lairian
hey guys,
Im not sure if you guys would like this post but ill throw up some cool names and meanings of the names for new sphynx owner's or maybe a friend or family member is looking for a cool name for their sphynx kitty.Give me some feed back and i will keep adding names.:Smile:
Not to toot my own horn, but I Love my Prunella's name!
Lady Prunella Knucklesnude von Wrinklebothum
Her pre-rescue name was Peaches. I only just found out that the first Sphynx was called Prunella. I swear we made it up while trying to make the name Prune more fun!

She mostly called P-Patch or Prunie. I have also always loved the name Pickles!

Lynyrd

Lairian
I was hard pressed to figure out a name for my sphynx kitten. I was thinking some Star Wars related name then Lilo & Stitch came to mind. I liked the story of Stitch and there were some similarities while sharing the news of my newest adoption of a kitty.

I decided on Stytch! My name has no vowels (Lynyrd) and thought it was cool to do the same with Stytch and of course sphynx.

Stytch the Sphynx

PetitePuce

Lairian
I was hard pressed to figure out a name for my sphynx kitten. I was thinking some Star Wars related name then Lilo & Stitch came to mind. I liked the story of Stitch and there were some similarities while sharing the news of my newest adoption of a kitty.

I decided on Stytch! My name has no vowels (Lynyrd) and thought it was cool to do the same with Stytch and of course sphynx.

Stytch the Sphynx

What an adorable kitty!

TurisMom

Lairian
I work in Fashion so I named my 2 cats Salvatore - a sphynx - and Miuccia - a savannah cat.
My husband is Sicilian and changed them into:
Turiddu, which is the local dialect name for Salvatore - nickname Turi
Tanuccia, italian name more common in the south, starts also with a T... nickname Nuccia (rhymes with Miuccia).
Not sure I did a good thing. Gave up the names, but leave them as a suggestion here :)

dejavually

Lairian
I picked the perfect name for her personality......

This is Billie holiday I absolutely love the one and only singer Billie Holiday and when I first brought my baby girl home all I played was Billie holidays music and she just took to me initially during each time I would play Billie holidays music. So it fit and her personality is fitting to the soulful singer. Here is Billie holiday.....
71bf39b3e8370e13ba2556f8ac5f54fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavually

Lairian
I love the print or color of your sphynx cat I would definitely like to get a multicolor sphynx for me next adoption.... I am just very loyal to my breeder the way she breeds and the care she puts into having healthy cats and good bloodlines however she does not have multicolor Sphynx cats... but you never know maybe when I'm ready for my third cat she will have multicolor Sphynx available for adoption.... I would like to get all different colors. Haha that would be so dope waking up to a house full of sphynx cats.... not like a water amount of cats but as many as I can have based on the size of my living situation it's very sad if they have to stay in a small apartment they love to run and be in a huge place especially because they can't go outside I would like a huge house just saw their life can be amazing

Lewellenlove

Lairian
We decided on Kreacher for ours...but thats not before going through a million names. some of the ones we thought of that were best specifically for the Sphynx are: Chicken Wing, Yule Brennar (Brenner?), Smeagle (from Lord of the rings), Yoda, Dobby(Harry Potter house elf), Birthday Boy/Girl, Gollum(Lord of the rings), Balfazar (the dog/dragon character from The Never Ending Story Movie), my husband suggested Ball Zack...ugh..I guess he thought he was being funny, Stripe (Character from the movie Gremlins), Pai Mei (little chinese dude from Kill Bill2), Mr. Miyagi,
That's too funny that you name Balfazar cuz my kitty is Balthazar!!! I went through several names and the finals were Lambert, Barnaby, Merkin, Schmendrick and Balthazar.

Sophie Hudson

Lairian
Don't worry I messed up too! I named my first born Nigel because that's my favourite name for a child. But now when it comes time to have kids I can't name one Nigel! Haha I can't have Nigel the kid and Nigel the kitten!

Back