Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

QueenBeanToes

Lairian
hello,
I have a year and a few month old sphynx and a new 4 month old sphynx. My eldest , Bean, has 2 swollen toe beans. She does not like then being touched. The last time I went to the vet for the first one, they said it was a sprain. There is no wound, just a swollen , super enlarged toe. Does anyone have any insight or help to offer? I don't know what to do.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hello,
I have a year and a few month old sphynx and a new 4 month old sphynx. My eldest , Bean, has 2 swollen toe beans. She does not like then being touched. The last time I went to the vet for the first one, they said it was a sprain. There is no wound, just a swollen , super enlarged toe. Does anyone have any insight or help to offer? I don't know what to do.
Hello, sorry to hear this, can you share a picture? It may help people understand the issue a little better. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Our one girl fell off the cat tree the week after we got her and sprained 2 toes. We had to confine her for a week in a large crate to prevent any jumping and she was given pain meds to help her rest/heal. How many days has it been? For a cat to show pain, it usually means a trip to the vet. Trust your gut. Poor baby.

Patti

QueenBeanToes

Lairian
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
She walks, runs and stands fine. The last time I went to the vet they said she did sprain a toe. My issue is she's always been a rather chill cat. Even as a kitten she wasn't crazy and preferred to hang out. She doesn't jump on things and she's very particular. She plays but likes to watch tv or play with little things. She's very demure for a cat and walks like the queen that she is. So I had no real reason to confine her because she doesn't well.. do anything. The toe was going down a little. I think maybe this new kitten gives her the rundown . I'm just curious if this is something other people experience too.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear it is already going down. They are fast healers. It is just the toe right, not the bigger pad (hard to tell by the pic) no excessive licking?

QueenBeanToes

Lairian
Glad to hear it is already going down. They are fast healers. It is just the toe right, not the bigger pad (hard to tell by the pic) no excessive licking?
It's just the two separate toes. The hind leg toe is new the front one is the older. She doesn't seem bothered by them unless you touch them

Back