Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Adventures of Lynyrd Skinyrd

Toa and Ross

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 23, 2015
Messages
34,015
Points
643
Congrats on the new baby! He is so handsome. Curious to hear what his name will be.
Love all the pics. Thanks for sharing. Sending more positive vibes.
 

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
We've decided on Caspian for him. He's a doll, super affectionate and playful too! We've started integrating him, and thus far aside from some initial hesitance from Vana, he's fit right in. If I head to the couch, he runs right after me to jump in my arms for belly rubs. Thankfully Lynnie is pretty gracious about sharing mom. I do have to come up with a good registered name for him. His neuter is next Monday.
Screenshot_20260803_174805_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20260803_174741_Gallery.jpg
 

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
Thanks for all the congrats! He's such a darling.
Some bad news though... Lynnie has been coughing a bit off and on since May. Last night he had a minute long fit, and he was having another long cough when I went to get him from their bedroom this morning. I spoke to my friend who works at his regular vet last night, and she advised dropping him off this morning. So I did. I knew what the diagnosis was going to be, but I wasn't ready to have it confirmed. He's in congestive heart failure. We're starting twice daily furosemide with his benazapril and clopidogrel, and his neutrophils were high so we're doing a round of amoxiclav. He goes back in two weeks for a CBC and again two weeks after that to get a new chest x-ray. I did leave a message with the vet to see if I need to bring him to his cardiologist immediately or wait until his visit in November. For now, please send all the thoughts and good vibes. I'm a freaking wreck, even though I know they can live a good while with CHF.
Pic of me snuggling with Lynnie after we got home.
Screenshot_20260826_210350_Gallery.jpg
 

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
37,727
Points
673
Positive vibes are sent. Take it one day at a time. It takes a couple of days for the news to really set in. The you make the best of every day from there and do not let the diagnosis rob you of the good days still ahead :)
 

kauna

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
1,587
Points
318
Sending hugs and positive thoughts to you. It’s always a gut punch when we get bad news on our babies. Just take the time to enjoy the moments and try not to let the hurt and fear rob you of them.
 

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
Thank you guys for all the well wishes. It's slowly settling in, but sometimes I can't help but cry. I was sitting on the sofa with him earlier, and it hit me that he's not going to be here one day. My house, my life, without him in it... we all know that our babies can't live forever, but man does it hurt knowing that the end is coming far faster than expected. My best friend texted me "I can't imagine Maddie without Lynnie" and I can't either. My adventure buddy, my little soul partner, isn't going to be here forever. I'm treasuring every moment we have, and trying not to let knowing taint them.
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,580
Points
653
@MaddieP , every moment a gift.my babies have taught me to live in the moment as they do and only know our love. They have no idea what reports say and only know our love.Hugs n head smooches, all paws are family, here for you.
 

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Sep 14, 2014
Messages
1,811
Points
318
Sending you a virtual hug, too many of us can relate to exactly how your are feeling after Lynnies diagnosis , despite suspecting the cause, we still remain optimistic and it can still come as a shock and take time to come to terms with when a diagnosis is confirmed. The wise words of Yoda Mom ring true, Lynnie is with you and knows only love . They live in the moment and don't suffer the stress we do , endless whittling away our time worrying about the what ifs of the future
 

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
This morning has been a nightmare.
We were getting ready to leave for our monthly massage, and I opened the cat room to give them breakfast and meds. I looked down, only to see massive pools of blood in two different places. Lynnie ran back into the room, only to collapse on a blanket and pee on himself. Immediately brought him to the ER.
As of right now, we only know he threw a clot to his stomach, apparently vomited literally half of his blood supply, and collapsed. He may have a partial blockage of his vena cava too. I haven't seen him since the waiting room of the ER when they rushed him back to stabilize him. We can only hope that with more blood he'll stop bleeding internally. Until then, we're just hoping and praying.
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,580
Points
653
@MaddieP ,omg, oh no, my heart hurts for you you are going thru this with sweet Lynnie. soo many lair prayers. here for you... pm anytime. a lair full of love and prayers for sweet Lynnie. all paws are family.
 

Attachments

  • love healing prayers hope.png
    love healing prayers hope.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 8

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
I really appreciate all of your support. I don't have much news beyond he's still here. They used dog blood for stabilization because he's a B blood type (only like 5% of the US cat population). His numbers went up and then down after the transfusion, but not as low as before. They were going to try weaning him off oxygen yesterday. I did get to visit Sunday night and yesterday morning, and I'll be going a bit later this morning to see him. Sunday night's visit was okay, it was through a window in the oxygen tank, but he knew who we were and wanted mama kisses. He had a cage card that said 'timid' which made me cry because he's never been timid a day in his life. He's alert and purring when I give him kisses and talk to him and hold him, but he got lethargic after being out of oxygen for 20 minutes yesterday
I'm feeling pretty lost right now. My baby may or may not come home, we don't really have many answers, and I'm just absolutely terrified I'm going to lose him and not be with him. I already took off Wednesday and Thursday just in case, and my managers were wonderful and told me to let them know if I needed anything. All my friends and family have been great and so supportive, one stayed with me most of the day yesterday so I wouldn't be alone and anxious. Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers please, and hopefully I'll have a better update soon.
Screenshot_20260922_080915_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20260922_080909_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20260922_080856_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20260922_080837_Gallery.jpg
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,580
Points
653
@madd(((awh)))) continued prayers and positive vibe head smooches to your sweet warrior! He is family! So glad you can visit with him
I am sure he is lovin your lovin
Besest mum!
 

MaddieP

Lairian
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
297
Points
121
Well, this is devastating to write, but yesterday around 5:30 he took a turn for the worst. He started crying and wouldn't stand and was just generally floppy. So we went back to the ER. I got a call at 11:30 that his oxgen wasn't as high as the vet would like it to be, even on medications and in an oxygen tank. Two minutes later, we got the call. He went into respiratory distress and was gone. We went to say goodbye and he's being cremated, but I feel like I'm still in shock. My baby is gone and I'll never feel him snuggled up next to me or purring when I call him mam's baby, or sitting on my shoulder again. It's so hard to process
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,580
Points
653
@MaddieP , ((((Squeeze hugs to your family ))) teary eyed here.
I am sooo very sorry for your heart break passing of sweet mam's baby Lynnie. there are not enough words.

Lynnie touched all our hearts. all paws are family. I share in the immeasurable hurt. (sharing I joined fb pet parent survivors group , a soft place to land with so much care and support like your SL family. Melody the admin and members truly compassionate.) No matter my pain, I would not have missed the journey of soo much love for anything in this world.

I hope you can feel the biggest hug wrapped around you. pm me anytime.

Lynnie truly an amazing soul . Remember the love, soo much love. May love be what you remember most. Lighting a candle for Lynnie. Rest in love sweet Lynnie, You live in hearts forever and ever.
 

Attachments

  • 20210615_114421.jpg
    20210615_114421.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top