Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hayley ebborn

Lairian

@Hayley ebborn how's the little boy? Is he using his litter box now to urinate?
He uses the litter box but this has gotten worst not better I have Thrown out so many beds and toys even their cat tunnel he peed on my bed so now I gotta get my $189 quilt dry cleaned he's peed on my cushions and my bean bags just everywhere and anywhere he feels like I am thinking about getting some felliway I have to keep him contained until this behaviour stops it's driving me crazy

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
He uses the litter box but this has gotten worst not better I have Thrown out so many beds and toys even their cat tunnel he peed on my bed so now I gotta get my $189 quilt dry cleaned he's peed on my cushions and my bean bags just everywhere and anywhere he feels like I am thinking about getting some felliway I have to keep him contained until this behaviour stops it's driving me crazy

@Hayley ebborn if there is no medical issue, then it would drive me bonkers! If this is a terrible habit of his, he really needs to be contained in a small area (certainly away from anything plush). Are you using Nature's Miracle and cleaning everything he's peed on properly?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
If you are using him as a stud, and do not have a queen lined up in the near future, (knowing things has been crazy)feliway will most not likely help. Mother nature and hormones are kicking in at this point. I know our breeder has said some males spray like a fire hose. You might reach out to other reputable breeders who scan etc that need stud services until you find a queen. If breeding is not looking like an option, you might consider getting him neutered.

Patti

Hayley ebborn

Lairian

@Hayley ebborn if there is no medical issue, then it would drive me bonkers! If this is a terrible habit of his, he really needs to be contained in a small area (certainly away from anything plush). Are you using Nature's Miracle and cleaning everything he's peed on properly?
I wash everything he pees on but I guess I have no idea where on my carpet he's been doing it I do have a torch to check but it doesn't work great at all

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Hayley ebborn only a blacklight will show the truth. Just "washing" all areas and plush items will never take the scent away to a cat's nose. They will continue to use those soiled areas and other others. You need to neutralize the urine with Nature's Miracle. White vinegar is somewhat helpful if you can't get Nature's Miracle, but whatever you do, don't use ammonia.