Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Where did you get your sphynx?

Where did you get your sphynx from?

• Locally (driving distance)

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Flown in (same country)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Imported (abroad)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello there ,
My babies all have the same biological mother but different dads ( we don’t speak of this )
My breeder lives about an hour an half away if traffic is good ,
They were good enough to bring Nailah home to me .
But Cleo and Bagins my daughter drove to get them . All three times were really good experiences
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Junior418

Lairian
So I live in Miami, Fl and I drove 4 hours to Bradenton, Fl to get my girls... I love my girls to death and will go to hell and back for them... but I wish I would have done more research on who I got them from... if I do decide to get another one I will definitely be looking into getting one outside of the states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Junior418 when you are ready let me know PM me
I know an exceptional, meticulous FL breeder HCM scans regulary too .. stays in touch years after gotcha day too . Has gorgeous imported sires and dames
Love my adoptee girl from her ..
Other members have kittens from her too

Dublin Riis

Lairian
King Kenzo Bare was purchased locally from a wonderful, ethical breeder only 20 minutes away! She’s lovely, and she organizes HCM screening events here in ATX for a discounted rate!

My chocolate girl is flying in from Russia, via courier. The breeder is very well-known and respected in the sphynx community! {= So thankful to bring one of her babies home! I will follow up with my importing experience in a few weeks to help those who are considering doing the same.

@Yoda mom I don’t think they’re from the same cattery... I’m pretty positive I know where your Claire Bare is from bc I recognize the blue background in her kitten photos!! :giggle:
I got my kitty, Yudjin from Russia by courier as well. A very smooth transition. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Dublin Riis

Lairian
We got Yoda from a breeder that was approx 3 hours round trip.
Finn was a total round trip 5.5 hours driving.
Raven was under 2 hours total driving to rescue her.

@Monica I laughed out loud that you recognized @Yoda mom Claire's background kitten pics. Ultimate breeder stalker :ROFLMAO: I love it
HAHAHAHAHHA!! Funny you should mention that! I was laughing at @Monica recognition of @Yoda breeder's kitchen walls, too. That was cute. I can't think of what color walls Yudjin's breeder had, but I'll check in all his baby photos.

oolahappi

Lairian
I got my current Sphynx girl from a breeder about an hour away (depending on traffic!), however her papers are in Russian as they shipped a litter in. Buying my Elf from the same breeder, but this litter is local, from their own 'queen'.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Junior418 There are a number of great Catteries both stateside & outside the country! Unfortunately, there is also an equal number of backyard breeders & kitty mills too! I have experience with both a local breeder, only 20 min from my house, and a Russian breeder in Moscow. Both experiences were exceptional! That said, I did A LOT of research before I purchased & I was patient enough so that I didn’t make an impulse decision from a cute kitten photo.
I’m familiar with 2 FL sphynx breeders that meet my standard of ethics! I’d be happy to share them with you if you would like. I’m also happy to share my Russian breeder’s name as well. PM me if you would like.

SillyLily

Lairian
I got Lily from a breeder about 1 hour away but she offered to meet us in our town which was nice. I’ve never driven that far with an animal so the thought of it made me nervous. She came with a blanket, 3 of her favorite toys, some dry kibble, and a pound of raw food. Of course her immunization records too, plus a 30 day insurance coverage, and the recipe for her raw food. Her breeder was fantastic to work with and obviously loves her babies immensely. She was fully litter trained as well. I’d definitely recommend her to anyone and probably would adopt from her again.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Two of my three I drove a couple of hours to get. The third one is from a new breeder in my home town. She cooperates with my other breeder, that's why I took a chance!
The sphynx world in Sweden is very limited and almost everyone knows everyone, for good and bad...

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cleopatra was a real rarity. She has a real Las Vegas story. Her pregnant mother was sent to Las Vegas to pay a gambling debt. When she came in, she had ringworm, so the owners gave her up to the local cat rescue. They birthed the kittens, cured the ringworm, spayed and neutered everybody, and put Cleo and her sister up for adoption in our local Petsmart, where we happened to be buying cat food that day. Cleo chose me, and the rest, as they say, is history.
When we lost our last male furry cat, we wanted another boy, and for some reason, we wanted a Sphynx to go with Cleo. So we went to a breeder 15 minutes from our house, and they had Marcus. We got to visit him weekly, from age 2 weeks until he came home at 12 weeks.

Cinderstar95

Lairian
My childhood sphynx came from a cattery in Wisconsin, about two hours away from where I lived. My Mr. Shazam came from about three hours south of where I lived at the time, but still in Indiana. My girls Ziva and Freya, Well, I lived near chicago, and they were from near Louisville, so it was roughly 4.5 hours each way. My Rora came from about two and a half hours away, but the breeder met us halfway, which was really awesome of her!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Cleopatra Beers That’s def the most unique sphynx Gotcha story I’ve ever heard! What a gangsta! lol
Cleo is extremely unique, starting with the Las Vegas beginning. She is also the smartest cat we’ve ever had. She was so attached to me that during her first summer, she went everywhere with me. One day about three weeks after she arrived, I went to lunch with some colleagues, and Cleo stayed home with her Daddieo. She was so angry that she pushed a china jewelry box off my armoir and smashed it. Did I say it was no longer made? That was the start of Life with Cleopatra.

gentlewinds

Lairian
Okay. Importing update!

It was wonderful. :giggle: Minka arrived via courier around 5 am last Tuesday. The interaction with the courier upon pick up was brief. He had contacted me where to meet via text. He had me look over Minka for approval, scanned her microchip for verification, and handed over her passport/papers. The breeder also had sent some of Minka’s kibbles and some DIVINE Russian chocolate bars as a gift.

Minka looked even more stunning than her photos/videos I had seen of her. She was the picture of health, no runny nose nor goopy eyes. She was also impeccably clean and groomed!! I had read many horror stories of imported cats from other Catteries arriving filthy with a URI, or worse!

Minka ate, drank, and used the litter box upon arriving home without any issues. She had her vet wellness check in the afternoon and was given the all clear to meet the boys! Her personality is everything I could have wanted. Very affectionate and attentive. She took to all the Stinky Boys almost at once. The breeder was in contact with me many times throughout the week to check in on her graduate! You can really tell she truly loves her cats and really works with them before they leave for their forever homes. {= She even told me that her secret ingredient for producing outstanding cats was LOVE!!! {}

In summary, I would 100% import another sphynx from this breeder. Some may find that crazy, but our experience was nothing short of a dream!

View attachment 91204
She's beautiful!!! ♥ Where did you get her collar? Love it!

Back