Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Blood in kitten stool

emilie

Lairian
Hi everyone,
I picked up a new 12 week old sphynx kitten on Saturday 15th November (last week) and he has justdone a very runny stool with blood and possibly mucus in. He seems to be fine otherwise fine, playful and he's eating and drinking normally. Does anyone know what this could be? Please help.

Emily
xxxxxxx

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@emilie Hello! Congrats on the new baby. Here is a link from the past that might help. It includes other links to search for about litter box issues as well and the benefits of pumpkin etc.

http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/blood-in-the-poop.26363/

If your baby has not had their wellness check, might want to scoot them in and don't forget the fecal sample :)

But all in all most of us have seen blood in stool from time to,time, so don't freak. If you have had a wellness check and all was clear, watch it for a day or 2.

Patti

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Did you change his food from what he was on before? Things like that could cause an upset tummy

Or feeding some other food to him... some sphynx have such sensitive stomachs.

I would speak to the breeder and see if she noticed the same issue before he left, and like Patti said a vet check is always worth it with a new kitten regardless :)

Back