Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Creepy black spots on neck and back

beckicu

Lairian
I have 3 Sphynx, 2 Males (Oscar & Bare) 1 Female (Czarina) ages are about 6, 7 & 9 years.
Bought elder two @2yrs & 6mos, Oscar was a product of an unplanned pregnancy! Bare & Czarina Began to develop dark spots shortly after I bought them, when Oscar was about a year he began to develop spots as well I've had the vet look at them and it's always been said it's just pigmentation or age spots. They've gotten darker and some have become a bit more raised- originally they were flat without any texture. My cats have always been strictly indoors, we live in Hawaii and our house has lots of windows of course they all love to lie in the sun light (the windows are all tinted for sun protection)
The spots had never seem to cause a problem but now they have increased in size and number- I'm taking all three cats for a thier yearly check up and want to have the spots checked as I'm concerned now about skin cancer.
Has anybody else had experience with their older Sphnyx and these black spots?

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have 3 Sphynx, 2 Males (Oscar & Bare) 1 Female (Czarina) ages are about 6, 7 & 9 years.
Bought elder two @2yrs & 6mos, Oscar was a product of an unplanned pregnancy! Bare & Czarina Began to develop dark spots shortly after I bought them, when Oscar was about a year he began to develop spots as well I've had the vet look at them and it's always been said it's just pigmentation or age spots. They've gotten darker and some have become a bit more raised- originally they were flat without any texture. My cats have always been strictly indoors, we live in Hawaii and our house has lots of windows of course they all love to lie in the sun light (the windows are all tinted for sun protection)
The spots had never seem to cause a problem but now they have increased in size and number- I'm taking all three cats for a thier yearly check up and want to have the spots checked as I'm concerned now about skin cancer.
Has anybody else had experience with their older Sphnyx and these black spots?
Did you find out what it is please post photos!!

Rara22

Lairian
Hey all! long time no see! i got a virus that redirects this site so i can never look at it :-(
But goblins come down with some wired spots on the back of his neck and down his back to his hips and i had to get your opinion.
heres a pic:
they kinda look like somthing splashed on him, but no mater how much i scrub they wont come out.
they dont bother him at all and arnt noticoble to the touch with no texture.
hes never missed a bath, once a week with Olay body jojoba butter body wash.
no change in diet, just water and taste of the wild since a kitten.
Heres a pic:
GoblinSpots.jpg
Are the spots scabbed over, cause it looks like sun spots to me , or possibly just his pigment being darker

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Rara22 unfortunately this is an older post from 2013, so please note the member might not still be active in the community. I just do not want you disappointed if they do not reply. It is great to see you are searching through the community. I hope you are enjoying.

Patti

Back