Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Marerickson

Lairian
Hey guys it's been just about a week with Zhuri and I love her SO MUCH! She is hilarious, I literally laugh out loud at her many times throughout the day! She is doing great, her vet checkup went good and we couldn't be happier! I did give her a bath on Monday and trimmed her nails, cleaned ears! She did pretty good however I feel like she looks super dirty again already and it is only Wednesday! I don't mind bathing her or at least wiping her down with a warm wash cloth as needed, I just don't want to over do it and irritate her skin! She left a big brown dirty spot on her heated pad after just two days of being bathed. Any advice or thoughts?! Thanks everyone! Hope yall are well :)

Attachments

• IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8440.JPG
    IMG_8440.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8453.JPG
    IMG_8453.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 49

Sheldon13

Staff member
I just spot clean with a wet cloth as needed. I try not to use any soap outside of bath day, so just water. Sometimes the bum needs soap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Usually they get dirty very fast if they were not thoroughly rinsed. Armpits neck and chest area are usually the worst because they are the harder to rinse areas. She is adorable no I love those wrinkles!

Patti

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What do you use to bathe her?
I have baby wash cloths I use to wipe down
with just warm water. It keeps them clean
between baths.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
As others suggested it can help to rinse more. The more you bath her the more oily her skin gets. So I would't bath her too much. A baby wipes or a washcloth is great for in between baths.

Zhuri is gorgeous! Such a cutie

Marerickson

Lairian
As others suggested it can help to rinse more. The more you bath her the more oily her skin gets. So I would't bath her too much. A baby wipes or a washcloth is great for in between baths.

Zhuri is gorgeous! Such a cutie

Thank you!! I am going to get some wipes but I definitely think I didn't rinse her well enough because she was so ready to be done and it was the first time i had bathed her myself! We will do better next time :)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If she is that squirmy, you can hold her in the tub by making a peace sign with your hands, putting the back on her neck between your fingers. Then you open your hand to grab around her shoulders. Now by adding a tiny amount of pressure, you have full control. The little bit of pressure is just enough to make the legs too wide for her to grip well to run: she will just slide.
Does not hurt them ( as long as your not putting a lot of weight on them).

Marerickson

Lairian
If she is that squirmy, you can hold her in the tub by making a peace sign with your hands, putting the back on her neck between your fingers. Then you open your hand to grab around her shoulders. Now by adding a tiny amount of pressure, you have full control. The little bit of pressure is just enough to make the legs too wide for her to grip well to run: she will just slide.
Does not hurt them ( as long as your not putting a lot of weight on them).
Thank you!! I appreciate your advice! I will definitely try that during our next bath!!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I also through Astrid into a giant metal bowl to rinse: like a mini tub. Then I rub the water all over her. She hates the bowl but it works lol she just holds onto the edge. I got mine from ikea, diameter of 14 inches

Marerickson

Lairian
I also through Astrid into a giant metal bowl to rinse: like a mini tub. Then I rub the water all over her. She hates the bowl but it works lol she just holds onto the edge. I got mine from ikea, diameter of 14 inches

Haha! I just hope Zhuri will learn to enjoy it like some! But by the looks of it she wont! Thanks for your advice!!! I will put it to good use!

Back