Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Have you found that once a Sphynx reaches one year old eating habits change ? That is rather than eating all food at once might turn into a grazer ?

Also not interested in the same breakfast food every day but will eat a tin of something else (which I needed to do to make sure she had something!) hoping poop won't be bad.

Food is same and other cat still eats it no problem.

Worried!

Also why is it so hard to find grain free preservative color n flavour free complete balanced food without crazy additives?!?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boys are almost 6 months old so I don't know (yet) about changing eat habit. Because of diahrrea problems with Toa my boys only eat the same dry food all day. They don't get wet or treat, so no variety for them. But they don't seem to mind and eat whole day long the dry food.

Hope you can get her to eat something!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Have you found that once a Sphynx reaches one year old eating habits change ? That is rather than eating all food at once might turn into a grazer ?

Also not interested in the same breakfast food every day but will eat a tin of something else (which I needed to do to make sure she had something!) hoping poop won't be bad.

Food is same and other cat still eats it no problem.

Worried!

Also why is it so hard to find grain free preservative color n flavour free complete balanced food without crazy additives?!?
I have not had that issue. Do you feed more then twice a day as far as wet? I would say that as they get older their energy level and metabolism slow down nor requiring as much food. :)

Calicocious

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've had that issue. Eating same thing then one day look at it and meh, not interested. I make sure to rotate proteins so they don't get bored. It is hard to find food with out all the extra "stuff". Hopefully that will change.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm having a similar but different problem right now actually!

Because of everything that had been going on medically with Elfie, I had been mixing canned food into the raw to make sure they were eating.
This morning was the first day in about 2 or so weeks that I gave the girls just raw .. no one wanted to eat it!
They both just turned their little noses up and walked away!

I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to keep them on canned because Elfie has IBS and the raw was the only thing that really settled it.

Not sure what to do at this point??

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max took FOREVER to get back on raw. It was a very gradual process of reducing the amount of wet added to the raw. Patience.

Also, one missed meal might encourage them to eat too.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thought that too .. but nope my girlie ques are very stubborn :rolleyes:

The friend that I have feed them lunch while I'm at worked caved and added some canned to their raw today, the gobbled it down and then tried to lick each others bowls clean!

Looks like its back to a slow transition :meh:

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have not had that issue. Do you feed more then twice a day as far as wet? I would say that as they get older their energy level and metabolism slow down nor requiring as much food. :)
That's what I thought too. Also think that tired of tuna based morning feed. Try to feed a larger wet ratio to avoid kidney problems and Urinary tract issues. Brush teeth most days. They have two tins complete balance morning dry out all day and three royal Canin wet at night to share swapped a morning tin with supplemental food and this worked but not complete.

Back