Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

isactuallyacat

Lairian
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well today! I joined this site because I am (obviously) looking to get a Sphynx. They truly are my dream cat and I can not wait to give one the best life I possibly can. I have found a breeder who checks almost all the boxes on the reputable breeder thread. However, I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience or heard anything about them. The cattery is in Wisconsin. From what communication I have had with her she seems nice and her website is very professional. Though I know that does not always mean much. So if anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

Wishing you all a great day and I can not wait to delve further into the site :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@isactuallyacat , welcome! I had to edit out the cattery name/owner name as we can't mention in public posts. members in your area can surely PM /share info

kudos to you doing your research checking off the boxes for reputable breeder. I also google cattery names and owners names for any patterns of complaints, check to see if they breed multiple breeds of cats and dogs etc.

look forward to updates! so glad you joined us! exciting times

isactuallyacat

Lairian
@isactuallyacat , welcome! I had to edit out the cattery name/owner name as we can't mention in public posts. members in your area can surely PM /share info

kudos to you doing your research checking off the boxes for reputable breeder. I also google cattery names and owners names for any patterns of complaints, check to see if they breed multiple breeds of cats and dogs etc.

look forward to updates! so glad you joined us! exciting times
Oh so sorry about that! Thank you for letting me know. I have of course googled the cattery but there is not too much out there. So I will hope for some info from other members around the area! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@isactuallyacat , no problem :) . I briefly googled the cattery. keep in mind I look for patterns . as breeders cannot make everyone happy and there are some that post negatives just to do so with competition etc.

I also found the fraud tips thread in the sphynx information center helpful

if the breeder checks all the boxes that is a great sign. following closely for updates.

you can also use the top right search box for "wisconsin" to see if there are previous posts/threads

so glad you joined us!!

isactuallyacat

Lairian
@isactuallyacat , no problem :) . I briefly googled the cattery. keep in mind I look for patterns . as breeders cannot make everyone happy and there are some that post negatives just to do so with competition etc.

I also found the fraud tips thread in the sphynx information center helpful

if the breeder checks all the boxes that is a great sign. following closely for updates.

you can also use the top right search box for "wisconsin" to see if there are previous posts/threads

so glad you joined us!!
Thank you so much for doing that! I will take a close look at that thread and update when I find out more!

Yoda mom

Staff member

@isactuallyacat , two great threads

Back