Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

leah jilton

Lairian
My little Nigel has me worried. This past weekend he went and stayed at the breeders house because I was going out of town and he was supposed to get nuetered. My boyfriend picked him up yesterday. When I got home I was shocked. His belly has gotten very big. He is still pooping and eating and peeing like normal. He has bowel sounds. He is sleepy but for him that isn't unusual. The two things i think it could be is 1) worms or 2) his belly I upset because I am sure that he was not fed what I usually feed him. There is also the option that this is normal and he is just growing and I am crazy. But safe is better than sorry. He has a vet appt coming up but If I need to I will find a way to take him sooner WP_20150311_001.jpg WP_20150311_004.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150311_002.jpg
    WP_20150311_002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 247

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's not so much the fact that he got a little pudgy so much as the shape of the belly, it's unusual to see them SO round.
I's say if your vet is able to squeeze you in sooner, I would have it looked at.

Keep us posted!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
If you see a big difference between before and after the weekend in the size of his belly and his behaviour and it's still the same after a few days then maybe it's best to see a vet. My boy Toa had a tummy round like yours showing in the photo when he had tummy problems (diarrhea).

Hope everything turns out to be okay with Nigel!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Goodness, that is a bloated belly. Max is a little piggie with food and even after he's eaten his fill he's never been that round.

Sending you healing wishes and please let us know what the issue is. Adorable naked, though ;-)

leah jilton

Lairian
Unfortunately the vet I almost certain I is FIP. His abdomen is full of fluid. I do not want to make him suffer. I am absolutely heartbroken. I thought we would have many years with him and we only got a few weeks. He is so amazing and I am so sad such a special little boy could have this happen.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
OMG I am so sorry. This special boy was meant to be with you, so you could love him more than anyone else ever could and know how and when to let him ease over the bridge when he tells you it is time. He knows nothing different...he loves you and is happy. Hugs are sent. We are here for you.

Patti

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Oh Honey....my heart just aches for you. FIP is such a cruel disease. If there were anything to be done that would ease your pain, I would surely do it for you. Just love your little boy and when there is nothing left to do, give him the last gift any of us have to give...a gentle easing from this life surrounded by the family he loves. Your little boy knows he is loved....and love is everything.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm very sorry, really wish there was more we could do but like everyone says just let him know you love him. Losing our little 4 legged friends is incredibly hard and will say a prayer for you guys.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm very sorry to hear about Nigel. Since he was at your breeders recently, did he/she have anything to add?

Jen

Yoda mom

Staff member
... ((((hugs))))
I am so so sorry for the terrible FIP diagnosis
Heartbreaking beyond words..
We archer for you and Nigel
We know he is in the best of Love and care with you

Extra lovin n kisses from me

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Just love that little boy. I have not stopped thinking about you and this precious baby. He will tell you when he is too tired. Hugs are sent.

Patti

Back