- Aug 22, 2017
Just read your post and hope you found your forever baby by now. This is my new baby, even though he doesn't live with me yet.
Welcome to the lair. My baby won't be able to live with me until November 16 Th. He is still much to young. Attached is his latest picture.I am getting my baby from A breeder and the woman who runs it has been so nice and helpful. I think she has a new litter coming available too
Agree with all of the above.Welcome!! Here is what I look for in a breeder:
Something I wish I had told myself when I was looking.. be patient!! If you have to wait on a waitlist for a kitten, it could be a sign that the breeder is good. Don't go with a breeder who is sub par just because they have kittens available right now, I know it's tough when you see their cute little faces but try your best .. finding a good breeder is so worth the wait! what is a few more months when you will have that cat for years to come.
- Scans for HCM yearly, and does not breed cats until both have been scanned
- A reasonable contract, preferably with a health / HCM guarentee
- Reputable! helps to have recommendations, a good website and online presence. (I search google for reviews on them too.)
- Lets kittens go at a good age - no earlier than 12 weeks.
- Open to answering questions, and if nearby - you paying visits. People underestimate the value of a breeder that will keep in contact with you once your kitten is home.
If you have to travel or have the kitten shipped (in a good way - ie. not cargo) just to find a good breeder... it's worth it! Don't go with a sub par breeder just because that's all there is nearby.
This is all just my opinion, but I hope it helps! This has all come from my experience getting two sphynx from separate breeders within the past year. I wish I knew then what I know now..... !
Keep us updated on how your search is going.
I know a breeder who is amazing !!!! I just recently got a kitten from her and she breeds the most beautiful kittens. She has all social media and a website. PM me for her breeder name /infoThank you for your response. It is very tempting when they are so cute!!! But i would rather wait a few months and have a happy and healthy kitty Your advice is very helpful, and i will take it into consideration while on my sphynx search. I will keep updating, hopefully i run into the perfect breeder soon
Do you recommend any breeders?