Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rash

Dave Beegs

Lairian
Hi,
image.jpg

Tyron has a small rash starting on belly. Any advice?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it is dirt either. I just went through a very similar but much worse bout with our boy. I think our issue was due to too much laundry detergent when I did their last load of blankets. Chemicals seem to set some off. Our boy had it only on his back legs inside and backside. I changed his shampoo the last 2 weeks to a oatmeal, vanilla, aloe shampoo which is more gentle than our De' Grease shampoo we always use. I let the spots dry out and used Veterycin spray and a cone off and on. Until you really get to know what sets your baby off I agree with a vet visit. I washed the blankets today and used much less detergent. Lesson learned.

Patti

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think it could be an allergy? Has he been sitting on anything different to normal, like a new bed or blanket?
Or on a heater maybe?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
If it helps, I launder anything Max comes in contact with with a baby safe detergent. I have no idea if this helps, but he hasn't had issues with any of the blankets or cloths.

Also, is there a heat source that may be irritating the skin? An electric blanket set too high?

Thoughts are with you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TyrionAndSasha , glad it went away on its own-

***I suspect it may be the same what my wrinkly Claire Bare gets - heat rash -

When she sleeps too long in bed under the covers I notice she gets small tiny rash on her belly wrinkles in the same area-

Pink then brown then gone - only happens when it is cold out and she sleeps more

I do spray a little vetericyn , the regular liquid , not the gel for this area because she licked it ( I buy online )

Keep us posted !

How's the eye? (( healing hugs))
Many of us give l-lysine for maintenance- mine refused to eat the vets office paste version Enisyl-F for $27

Toby came with a big l pound of Now brand 100% pure L-lysine powder I put 1/4 teaspoon in canned food
It's only about $14 online and eyes are bright and clear

Keep us posted! Love to see pics of your babies!

TyrionAndSasha

Lairian
Had to go to vet to get an anti biotic ointment for her eye. A couple days of use and it is back to normal. Maybe some dirt got in there. Cost 140 between the visit and the ulcer test they recommended and the ointment. ugh...
She's better now and I guess that's what counts...
FullSizeRender-40.jpg

Back