Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Scabbing after vaccine?

Annubrius

Lairian
Hello, SL!

I brought my little boy Nuhn in for a vet check for Upper Respiratory problems last Friday. He gave him meds, along with an antibiotic vaccine to treat from inside as well.

It bruised as expected, but after a couple of days, it's scabbed and begun to peel around the edges.

I don't know if it's normal for all cats since I've only had furry kitties before Nuhn.. Let me know!

Attachments

• DSC_1038.JPG
    DSC_1038.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 21

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It is good that the size is not growing. You can always ask the vet if you can email a picture for them to view and double check. It is also good it is a scab and not an open sore. If it becomes an open sore, then you need to see a vet for sure. I personally would measure the margins of the scab now just for reference to make sure it does not grow.

Patti

Last edited:

Annubrius

Lairian
It is good that the size is not growing. You can always ask the vet if you can email a picture for them to view and double check. It is also good it is a scab and not an open sore. If it becomes an open sore, then you need to see a vet for sure. I personally would measure the margins of the scab now just for reference to make sure it does not grow.

Patti

Good to know! I'll do that

Annubrius

Lairian
The vets office called me back to schedule a routine Recheck a couple hours ago. Its a good thing too, Nuhn rubbed against me a bit ago and his sore seems to be weeping. I don't know if it's lymph fluid from healing or pus... We'll find out tomorrow.. I guess I'll be missing the cat show in September..

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, SL!

I brought my little boy Nuhn in for a vet check for Upper Respiratory problems last Friday. He gave him meds, along with an antibiotic vaccine to treat from inside as well.

It bruised as expected, but after a couple of days, it's scabbed and begun to peel around the edges.

I don't know if it's normal for all cats since I've only had furry kitties before Nuhn.. Let me know!
Great advice thus far, it appears to be a bit of a reaction to the antibiotic injection, I'm sure its nothing but a vet check won't hurt. :)

Back