Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So scared for my little girl

Mousemumma

Lairian
pixie is going to be neutered tomorrow and although the vet has reassured me they won't use ketamine I'm still worrying! Also she had her inoculations/kitten jabs ten days ago and today it's really swollen around the site although not hot or sore. Is that normal in a possible herpes kitten? I'm probably worrying about nothing but she's like another child to me! Any advice would be gratefully accepted (n)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It is always nerve wrecking when they go in. Don't feel like you are crazy, you are being responsible no caring. My vet knows no Ketamine, but when I drop them off, I still tell them to put it on the chart. We hade one member use blueberries to stain and write no K on her kitten lol. What vaccines did your any get 10 days ago?

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Mousemumma can imagine you're worrying! Although we know neutering is nothing to worry about, we still feel worried when it concerns our cats. We just love them so much! Sending a big hug to you, hope tomorrow will be over soon.

Mousemumma

Lairian
Thanks guys, I know you get it where others don't. She had the cat flu and leukaemia ones and herpes one after being convinced by the vet they were completely safe with her suspected herpes status. Thanks for the hugs. One day at work I hope I'm stupidly busy so I can't think about her!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mousemumma ,Awh..((hugs))) and head smooches to Pixie
All paws crossed with positive vibes for her spay tomorrow -
You are a caring mum and in the best of company here

I also put a big NO Ketamine "! Paper /tag on their cat carrier when I drop them off for neuter/ spay
and stand and watch them wrote it on their charts in big letters.

Will be looking for updates

Mousemumma

Lairian
Thank you so much for all your support, it has helped so much as I've been stuck at work worrying and then lovely words from lairians come through. It's been amazing, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
The little lady herself is fast asleep in bed with me, I came to bed early as I knew she wanted to snuggle. As I came in from work she was there to meet me and told me all about it straight away and I don't think she understood why mummy burst into tears and kissed her forever! She has eaten but she is very sore as pain relief is wearing off andvet wouldn't give us her pain meds as we don't have the £18 until payday tomorrow so they are leaving her without for the sake of 8 hours grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will do her a warm hot water bottle. Have got a loose dress top on her so she doesn't get at stitches but neat little cut.
Apparently she was chirping and peeping away and purring her head off with all the attention! Brave girl apparently. So relieved she's all sorted and chipped now. Apparently lump on neck was reaction to vaccines. One down, next couple of months buddy!
Thank you all so much. Kisses from sleepy princess pixie :kiss:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Mousemumma happy to hear Pixie is home with you and everything went well. Hope her recovery will go well too. Sending healing vibes and kisses against the pain.

Natasja

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe ❤️ You think they would have let you buy/have one... and put it on the chart can't come in till balance is payed or something. She should be fine, seeing as they aren't that concerned with her waiting till you can pay.
If it makes you feel any better Astrid was jumping around the day after she got it done, so she couldn't have been in that much pain (so this would be 8-12 hours after she took her meds, it would wear off by then). She would jump off my bed in the morning too, which would be 24+ hours after she had her meds.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mousemumma , speedy recovery vibes sent for Pixie
Lots of healing cuddles

Sorry they didn't give a pill or two to hold over
When my girl was spayed she mostly slept
Amd like Astrid was active up amd about the next day
(((hugs))) amd kisses to Pixie

Back