@MaddieP , wonderful update!! precious photos! congrats on your new career ,, soo cool. Yah, congrats on closing on house this monday! how exciting.. happy belated birthday wishes n kisses too! keep us updated! so happy for you, yours and the babies!
Tonight we're officially (mostly) moved in! The cat room was done last week, and I only have a bit more to move over. The boys have been here for about two hours, and if I didn't already know how different their personalities are, this would be the easiest way to find out. Lynnie settled in immediately, exploring until he found a toy to play with. Toulouse is terrified, he hunkered down in a corner for a bit before I moved him to the cat tree. Baero is between them. He was scared at first but he's settling in pretty quickly. Hopefully Toulouse will settle in quickly, poor thing.
We're settling in very well! Toulouse is coming into his own and getting bolder.
We've also started fostering dogs. Our first little man has been adopted. We currently have a little lady named Chloe. She's a 5 year old, oversized toy poodle with a myriad of health and behavioral issues. She has surgery on Tuesday to remove bladder stones, and we're weaning her off of puppy Prozac. We're also working on resource guarding/aggression and brushing without a muzzle.
We're considering (I'm considering) adding a poodle to our home permanently one day. Not sure on some yet, or if we'll try to get another Sphynx.
In more disappointing news, we tried to adopt a pair of Sphynxes from a local rescue, and I got to meet them twice, brought tons of supplies, only for the rescue to stop responding to my calls and attempts at communicating. Although we didn't necessarily want two, a friend had sent me a screenshot of the little girl (there wasn't anything about the male), and when I got there, they had two! I couldn't adopt one without the other. I guess it doesn't matter because we didn't get them at all, but oh well. (Sorry, I'm a tad angry they never contacted me to at least let me know they found a home)
@MaddieP , soo happy you dropped in with pics and updates! adorable photos! bless your heart for all you do from the heart for all babies. sorry you didnt get updated that the nakids were adopted. it can be like that sometimes I know.
you have a precious fur family and fosters... tell me more about the precious baby goat?
@Yoda mom That's one of our neighbors goats. She's a Nigerian dwarf, and her name is Who Dat. She's experiencing a false pregnancy, so she needs to be milked a couple of times a month to downsize her udders. His other goat is a pretty mix named Pebbles. They love pita chips and cereal. Chloe doesn't know what to think of them.
Eric likes Chloe more than our first foster, which is mainly because Scruffy definitely preferred me. He was a lap dog. Chloe is a more outdoorsy type, which is cute until she won't stop whining every hour to go outside to bark at the other dogs in the neighborhood.
Yesterday was our fifth anniversary, and the last before we get married. I also came home and found my only little girl, my bunny Harper, had passed.
I'll miss her so much, even if she was always angry.
Hop free, sweet(ish) girl!
@MaddieP , oh sweetie ((((squeeze hugs))))) I am soo very sorry for your heartbreaking loss that beautiful Harper got her angel wings and for the timing. (((hugs)))).
Harper I know had a life of love beyond measure. hold the precious of moments closest to heart. Hop free with my Lil Charlie and Sylvester bunnies. They truly are family. hugs n head smooches to her companion and all paws.
we are here for you... extra big hugs n head smooches. lighting a candle for beautiful Harper girl.
@MaddieP ((((hugs))))))) ((anniversary hugs too )))))
Harper could not have asked for a better mum. I know my boys will meet Harper to hop free together and share stories of all the love known in this world.
So I have a bit of a weird question. Over Christmas, Baero had a bout of blood on his bum and a bit of blood in his vomit. Rushed him to the vet, with no answers besides antibiotics. He wasn't acting strange or anything. Well, Lynnie had a bloody bum this morning. At this point I'm wondering if it's a food issue. They get dry food at night and wet in the morning. Any experience with this or suggestions?
@MaddieP , any recent change of food? is the blood dark or bright? the color can indicate where the GI irritation is..
mine could not handle acana or orijen food. swtiched food and never an issues again.
@Yoda mom Not really, they get alternating wet food every morning, so I'll write down the type and see if taking it out of the rotation will help. Baero's was pretty bright, but Lynnie's was fairly dark. His seemed more dry though.
@MaddieP , do you use probiotics like fortiflora? many in group use. my Toby likes a little teaspoon of 100% pure canned pumpkin (no spices in ingredients**) i get the walmart brand or libbys. toby will only eat it if I warm it up a few seconds in the microwave.
@Yoda mom I've started using fortiflora off and on. I can definitely get some pumpkin for them, I know both of the nakids like it.
Otherwise, my other bun Beanie has traveled to the Rainbow Bridge to be with Harper. I'll miss the little booger. I had him from the time he could fit in my hand until he was nearly 7, through 4 of his partners and two moves.
Miss Chloe will be moving to a different foster home soon due to aggression with the cats and I. Right now I'm just not mentally or emotionally capable of working with her how she needs me to. We may or may not get another foster pup soon.
I've been thinking about it a lot, and although I really wanted a dog, I'm just not sure I'm a dog person. My fiancé and I have been casually discussing a third Sphynx (a girl, preferably a bambino/dwelf), so depending on our finances and continuing discussion, that might be in the cards.
@MaddieP , oh sweetie, (((squeeze hugs))) I am soo very sorr baby bunny Beanie got her angel wings, surely my Sylvester and Georgie will hop free with Beanie and Harper. your babies could not have asked for a better mum and a life of love beyond measure.
@MaddieP , bless your heart for all you do fostering and knowing to do right by Chloe
its okay to take a breath and concentrate on things at hand . timing is everything. I have a full crew here.
someone asked if I could take my neighs rottie. the timing was just not in the stars at this time. she did end up staying with her pup dad and I talk to herr across the pond everyday.
Well, I jinxed it by saying I'm not a dog person. Meet our foster fail, Leo. He's an 8 month old cream Spoo, and he fit in so well we couldn't give him up. We're hoping to be able to train him well enough to be a therapy pup.
In less happy news, over the past two days my grandfather was rushed to the ER, bloodwork was done, etc. He was sent to another hospital in a bigger city last night. He has acute leukemia, kidney failure, and just got put on a ventilator.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.