Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Birthday Cake for Raw Diet Kitties?

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Hi everyone,

Our baby boy is turning 1 tomorrow :love::love::love: and I've been flip-flopping on making him a birthday cake only because I can't seem to find any recipes for cats on a raw diet - does anyone (@Xandria ? :happy:) have a recipe they'd like to share?! So far, he has no allergies to date. :)

TIA!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
That one looks yummy!

Don't forget to post a pic of the birthday boy tomorrow so we can all yell "happy birthday!":)

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww, but that one has flour and other things kitty can't have. For a raw cake honestly the best I can thing of is to use a mold and cook it a bit, but then it might change the taste to where they don't like it. You could always just serve a favorite with an unlit candle for pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@SupplyPipe28 I have made a small cake in a square foodsaver dish in the microwave. Beat a couple eggs well, and add in tuna and juice. Mix well, put in a greased dish. Microwave on lowish heat until cooked, stopping every 5-10 seconds to prick it with a fork and let steam escape.

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Aww, but that one has flour and other things kitty can't have. For a raw cake honestly the best I can thing of is to use a mold and cook it a bit, but then it might change the taste to where they don't like it. You could always just serve a favorite with an unlit candle for pictures!

Thanks for the suggestion @Sheldon13 - I ended up "Frankensteining" a few recipes, but you're right - our little guy only gobbled up the uncooked portions; the mildly baked part only got a sniff and a lick. :LOL: Ah, well, now we know what he likes for next time!

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
Thank you all very much for the all suggestions - Severin's 1st birthday was on Friday, but we decided to celebrate it with his cake yesterday because his mum couldn't decided on a recipe. :whistle:

I ended up scrambling 1 egg with a small tin of salmon, which was partially baked just to give it some form. There was enough mixture to make a tier and a half, but sadly Severin only ate the toppings and middle layer (a combination of crab legs and his dried salmon treats). It looked pretty, though! Haha Anyway, here are a couple of pics... :)

Cake 1.jpg
Cake 4.jpg

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow that actually turned out really beautiful! Excellent presentation!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Happy belated birthday to Severin. That cake turned out absolutely fabulous. I think you could start a sideline job/career in making birthday cakes for cats and dogs!

BlueJune

Lairian
This is a super cute idea! I can't wait for Jan 2nd so I can spam pictures of him at 1 year. I will rim the outside of mine with chicken hearts lol. Happy birthday to your special birthday boy!