Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat rash

LINDSEY3D

Lairian
Hello everyone, i am looking for some suggestions on helping my sphynx' s skin..
I recently got my sphynx BeBe, she was not well cared for for 6 years and came to me very dirty with a recent case of ringworm, she was seen at a vet who gave medication and cleared it up.. maybe 6 months ago. She's got a few dark scars from it.. they look like birthmarks. I started adding salmon oil to her food and want to do anything I need to to clear her skin up.

I hoped most of the skin issues I was dealing was due to lack of bathing and would clear up once I washed her a few times.. And lots of it did wash off, the ears where just caked in black and her belly looked like she layed in paint... she had only seen the bath a few times in her life.

Underneath the dirt under belly and arms is mostly bumpy rash looking skin.. raised and dry, red after baths. Hard, like elephant skin.. I have been giving her weekly baths and it seems to be helping but not sure if the bumps are really going away..or are just dirty? Mostly under her body covering all her belly area and up all legs, but lightly on her sides, neck and back. Is this fungus, bateria or just having so much oil on the skin for years? Is her skin now just thia way?

Bath time is scary, she is getting better but it's obvious it's new to her.. she is 6 years old. Here are some photos... if any one has any advice!

Attachments

• 20171125_160459.jpg
    20171125_160459.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 127
  • 20171125_160539.jpg
    20171125_160539.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 131
  • 20171125_160613.jpg
    20171125_160613.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20171125_160626.jpg
    20171125_160626.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 125
  • 20171119_090510.jpg
    20171119_090510.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20171125_160506.jpg
    20171125_160506.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 103

Yoda mom

Staff member
Welcoming you and precious Bebe
Bless you for giving her the love and care she deserves ((hugs)))

I really like Hylyt shampoo for spay day
Hypoallergenic , soap free amd rinses easy
Highly recommended a pair of exfoliating gloves
Helps clean and hold slippery kitty

for skin irritations many of us keep on ha d vetericyn spray or vetericyn hydrogel -
They are non toxic

Be sure not to overbath - with the Hylyt I can go a month
I squirt a few teenie drops in a pitcher of warm water with baby face clothes for in between spa days
(Baby wipes weren't my fav amd I get Bette results with baby face clothes)

I also got a stokkes flexibath for my spa day water haters - easy to get their be,ly cleaned when they stand up on the edge of it trying to escape - this is where exfoliating gloves help speed up spa day and hold squirmy kitty
I put a towel on the bottom
I put it with the drain plug out over the bathroom sink ( good height to manage my bath haters )
You can make one too by getting a Rubbermaid rough neck short tote and cutting a hole in the corner

Sure others will chime in too :)

So happy Bebe has the love and care she deserves

Really adorable avatar pic !:)

Look forward to lots of picks amd tales

Bathing your Sphynx Cat and why.

Sphynx Skin Conditions

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, i am looking for some suggestions on helping my sphynx' s skin..
I recently got my sphynx BeBe, she was not well cared for for 6 years and came to me very dirty with a recent case of ringworm, she was seen at a vet who gave medication and cleared it up.. maybe 6 months ago. She's got a few dark scars from it.. they look like birthmarks. I started adding salmon oil to her food and want to do anything I need to to clear her skin up.

I hoped most of the skin issues I was dealing was due to lack of bathing and would clear up once I washed her a few times.. And lots of it did wash off, the ears where just caked in black and her belly looked like she layed in paint... she had only seen the bath a few times in her life.

Underneath the dirt under belly and arms is mostly bumpy rash looking skin.. raised and dry, red after baths. Hard, like elephant skin.. I have been giving her weekly baths and it seems to be helping but not sure if the bumps are really going away..or are just dirty? Mostly under her body covering all her belly area and up all legs, but lightly on her sides, neck and back. Is this fungus, bateria or just having so much oil on the skin for years? Is her skin now just thia way?

Bath time is scary, she is getting better but it's obvious it's new to her.. she is 6 years old. Here are some photos... if any one has any advice!
Welcome! Great advice thus far. Have food allergies been ruled out? Did she have the bumps when you received here? Have you changed foods? :)

Traci Smith

Lairian
She is a cutie!!! I love that face!!!! Someone just posted the same looking skin condition... I can’t recall who but it was in new posts. The darker belly was mentioned.... maybe you can team up to find out more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back