Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Frosty sphynx

Lairian
Guys I really just wanna give up trying to find a sphynx. Every person that seems legit either stops contacting me or ends up being a major scam! I want a special needs, retired breeder, or an adult sphynx who I can give the best life but so far that’s been too hard!

Why do people try and scam others too much!!!!! It’s annoying!!! I wish you could like report them or something but you can’t!
I would literally take a sphynx who has no legs, or is blind, or has to be tube fed, like I do not care I just want to give a sphynx the best home possible!! (I used to volunteer at a shelter so I know how to care for animals like that)

I’m gonna ask one more time guys but a little more specific, does anyone know anywhere or anyone that has a sphynx they don’t want (special needs, adult, retired breeder, whatever). The only thing is I would like it to be under 4-5 maybe 6 depending on temperament!

I know some of you are probably thinking “you are being impatient”, “ stop being greedy”, “some of us have waited years” and I am sorry from the bottom of my heart if you feel like that and I’m sorry I upset you. I just want a companion, a little hairless friend that will be there on the anxiety filled days and the good days! A buddy that I can love but will love me back.

also can we just all agree how annoying these Indian scammers are that have like 30 numbers but all go right back to the same scammer

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Frosty sphynx ((((hugs)))) and big thank you for opening your heart to adopt.... and kudos to you for seeing thru the many many scammers out there...

I can relate... and want to share to stay positive..never give up..... the right one will find you... it will happen.. I adopted two from a lair member, a retired breeder , and one from a I suspect closet breeder...

I truly understand the frustration and it is ten fold when we get hit with scammers when we are trying to do right by a nakid in need.

all paws crossed the sphynx stars align... You can also let your vet know you are opening your heart and home to adopt a sphynx/nakid. you would be surprised at the networking out there.

I know some members have checked with TICA for breeders who you could reach out to about upcoming retirees ...
I have an amazing retiree... highly recommend exploring that route too.. I searched for reputabe breeders in my state and reached out. often times too they may have breeder friends with upcoming retirees... so keep networking...
and by all means do not waiver on your diligence to red flag scammers..

your nakid will find you... ((( hugs))) and Believe

Frosty sphynx

Lairian
@Frosty sphynx ((((hugs)))) and big thank you for opening your heart to adopt.... and kudos to you for seeing thru the many many scammers out there...

I can relate... and want to share to stay positive..never give up..... the right one will find you... it will happen.. I adopted two from a lair member, a retired breeder , and one from a I suspect closet breeder...

I truly understand the frustration and it is ten fold when we get hit with scammers when we are trying to do right by a nakid in need.

all paws crossed the sphynx stars align... You can also let your vet know you are opening your heart and home to adopt a sphynx/nakid. you would be surprised at the networking out there.

I know some members have checked with TICA for breeders who you could reach out to about upcoming retirees ...
I have an amazing retiree... highly recommend exploring that route too.. I searched for reputabe breeders in my state and reached out. often times too they may have breeder friends with upcoming retirees... so keep networking...
and by all means do not waiver on your diligence to red flag scammers..

your nakid will find you... ((( hugs))) and Believe
Thank you so much for your kindness and support! Yeah I have checked closed to I think 20 breeders now about retirees or special needs and they all say they are either keeping them or don’t have any!
I just don’t understand why there are soooo many scammers like it is unreal!! They make everything 10 times harder!
Thank you for understanding and reaching out I appreciate it a lot!!
((hugs))

Lunaclaire

Lairian
Hi! Have you tried pet finder? You definitely have to check often but it happens!! like 1-2 weeks ago there was a bonded pair of older Sphynx buddies who were special needs I think. Also purebred cat rescue has some time to time, I think the most recent one was adopted already... just some thoughts!! I wish you luck!!

Frosty sphynx

Lairian
Hi! Have you tried pet finder? You definitely have to check often but it happens!! like 1-2 weeks ago there was a bonded pair of older Sphynx buddies who were special needs I think. Also purebred cat rescue has some time to time, I think the most recent one was adopted already... just some thoughts!! I wish you luck!!
yeah I already checked them. I saw the old pair but they are too far about 2000 miles too far. And I couldnt find any on the rescue. Thanks for the help though

Toa and Ross

Staff member
big hugs for you! I know how hard and frustrating it can be to have to wait. You have somuch love in you, you want to share. I’m not from the USA so can’t be of any good advice. Just wanted to say: hang in there. The right one will come along!

Back