It's the wet form of FIP. I'm lost and heart broken. I believe he is unable to fight this becuase of his genetics and I'm devastated. Ive only had this sweet boy for a month and I now have to decided when to let him go. :,(
We are going for a second opinion before making our painful decision... But it's not looking very good at all. Thank you to everyone who is praying for my little boy and for talking with me. I'm sorry for such sad news. Hug your naked babies close. I pray that everything goes well for everyone else and your little nuggets. No one should have to go through this sadness.
Keep praying for us. Keep us in your thought.
Thank you for everything.
Cate&Dobs
Ps if anyone knows more about FIP or knows any possible options (I know they r limited) please chime in.
@DobsMom13046 oh no!! That's heartbreaking news. I'm so very sorry for you Cate. FIP is such an unfair disease. Always good to get a second opinion, I keep all fingers and paws crossed.
If it is FIP, all you can do is cuddle Dobs a lot and giving him all your love like you already do. Big hugs for you.
Welp i think we have finally pinned it down. I know i have thrown a lot of what i though were the correct outcomes to my little fighter but today at our second opinion appointment with a more well known vet hospital who has worked with sphynx cats before they did an ultra sound of his heart... sad to say my little man does not have FIP as earlier thought but a genetic defect in his heart which is leading to an arrhythmia. This is what has produced the fluid around his heart and will eventually take my little one over the rainbow bridge.
We are looking into taking him to a cat Cardiologist and seeing what our options are and if some form of medication could possible prolong the inevitable but if my little man gets to far gone i will have to make that heart breaking decision to let him go. I will try to keep everyone informed as much as possible but its a day by day thing and im not sure how many days i will get.
Again I thank all of you sweet people for sending your love and support our way.
Please let me know if any of you live with heart defects in you sweet ones. or if you know any specialist or medications or even just what the meds will cost?
any input at all will be helpful and greatly appreciated.
@DobsMom13046 , Cate so sorry to learn of Baby Dobs heart condition
(((hugs))))) to you amd a lair full of positive vibes for fighter Dobs
Many of us have kitties with heart comditions amd seeing a specialist is the best. Your vet should have a cardiologist referral name amd or you can post in the vet recommendations section .
Each kitties heart comdition can vary amd the medications .
My kitties heart meds years ago were reasonable.
@Catzzzmeow Can share her experiemce as well a several other members -
So many of us have kitties with hear related issues .
We love them and every day is a gift
Dobs only knows your love
Positive gentle head smooches sent to sweet Dobs
Well one more chance tomorrow as we will be taking him to yet another vet hospital. This one should be more equip to handle his case but I've made the painful decision that if we dont have any hope of good new or possible bright out comes we will be putting this little man down. I do not what him to suffer any longer then neccessary even if I selfishly want more time with him. And with it more then likely turning to heart failure and him essentially drowning from the inside I can not let him suffer.
I've cried more in this last week then I have in my 23 years on this earth. This sweet boy hold my whole heart in his paws. I never expected such a short time with him. I wanted 10 plus year with him. I wanted him to curl up in my first childs lap. I wanted so much more the a month. But these are the card I was dealt and I could never love him any less. I am a shpynx mom through and through. He will always be my baby.
Prayers for peace and love tonight.
Thank you all.
Love amd gentle head smooches to one truly amazing Dobs
(((Hugs)))) amd prayers for the visit tomorrow
Prayers for the possibility of some medications to give him quality of life
Hello again friends. I'm sorry for not posting much in the last few weeks. With medical scares and the thought of possibly losing my naked nugget... it just all made it hard to post. THANKFULLY....my sweet boy is still with me. We were at a point where it was either FIP or a heart defect. We have been put on Furoquid to help with the fluid build up around his lungs and heart. The final vet said that if this was in fact FIP that the levels in his blood we pointing to that this medicine would not help much but if it were a heart issue that it should recuse the fluid and he would start doing better. And It seems to have brought my sweet boy back to me again. He is back to playing and snuggling and acting like he was never even sick. My heart is happy again and I am hoping for more good days and answers somewhere down the road. A heart condition is an expensive path to take. Right now I am waiting to see if we make it fully through this bottle of medicine. If we do I will move on from there. If anyone else has gone through this type of scare/situation then please please speak up and let me know how you handled it. Thank you for all of the love and support. I apologize for all of the back and forth on what we thought it was. It's hard to pin down with a solid answer.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.