Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

PLsphynxmom

Lairian
Wednesday morning I woke up before my alarm went off. In my sleep I sensed Pickles laying limp & lethargic, she has been battling HCM and had a large hole in her left ventricle for a couple years. She was taking 4 different medications twice a day for a while now. At her last scan the cardiologist told me he was actually surprised to see her again since her condition was so severe. I took that to mean she was doing great and beatings the odds, that was two months ago.

Back to Wednesday morning, I noticed how flat she was laying & that she has had an accident in bed and quickly realized the urgency of the situation. We threw our clothes on and got in the car and sped to our vet.

We got there, they put her on oxygen and we're working on stabilizing her but we got the news we were praying to avoid. She was experiencing heart failure and had fluids in her lungs. My vet told me there was no surgical procedure to do we just had to wait and see if the medication would do its job. I had a sinking pit in my stomache but we were trying to stay positive.

From that point things escalated quickly, I realized the chances of bringing her home were getting slimmer. The vet told us she wasn't stabilizing and things weren't looking good but we still tried to remain optimistic. By the next time the vet came back out to the waiting room he told us we ran out of options. He recommended we put her down so she didn't have to experience any more pain.

I exploded, I never thought this is where the day would have taken us but the thought of my little girl in pain broke whatever was left of me. I wish things didn't happen so fast, I wish I was able to hold her until she was gone, I wish I got to kiss her little face one more time. But there would have never been enough kisses or hugs, or meows & purrs. I will never be done cuddling & nuzzling her.

I would do anything to smell her again. To watch her fall asleep on me, to hear her sigh and twitch her little feet in her sleep. She was my little angle baby girl that I was so luck to take care of, even if it was only for a few years. I am so grateful to have had her in my life. I'm so grateful she picked me. I feel incomplete since loosing her and I have a feeling I won't be fully whole again. She was truly the sweetest baby ever. She never bit, never even a nip. So gentile and careful and fragile. She loved to play ball & fetch. She loved kneading her mommys stomach till she fell asleep and holding hands with her dad. Nothing will compare to her. I miss you, I love you my baby girl Pickles.

I bought her from a breeder in Brooklyn whom I feel is irresponsible and is the reason our breed has these horrible issues. Feel free to PM me for their name if you are looking in that area.They don't scan, they don't even know what HCM is! Pickles is survived by her older brother who also has HCM, he's 4 1/2. I told the breeder of their conditions to warn him to stop breeding those lines, he couldn't have cared less. It is so important to use responsible breeders and weed these reckless jackasses out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Bless your heart, I'm, so sorry. Losing anything or anyone, we love, is
so hard. A piece, of your heart, went with her.
Nothing or no one, will ever, be able to replace it. I'm just glad, what
time, she was here, she, had, someone, who loved her, spoiled her, and took very good care of her. I, pray, you will find peace and comfort.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss. Reading your post got me all choked up and no doubt Pickles felt your love each and every day. RIP sweet baby.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My heart breaks for you. So sorry to hear you did loose your cute precious Pickles. Thanks for sharing pics of your little girl, what a beauty she was. She had a good life with you and she felt your love till the end. Keep the memories of her close in your heart. Know we're here, and always want to listen to your stories about Pickles!

And thank so much also for the warning aboit the breeder. It's good to inform people!

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for the loss of your baby girl. What a horrific experience to have to go through. I was teary eyed reading your post. It's obvious that you know how lucky you were to have found one another. I hope that as time passes and the hurt subsides a little bit, you will smile when you recall all of those special memories of Pickles that you just shared with us. Hugs to you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@PicklesBenito , I am so so sorry for your broken heart of the passing of precious girl Pickles- I wish hugs could help ease the pain but I know they can't- hold tight to all the love of Pickles forever in your heart-

thank you for having the strength to share her story and beautiful pics so others may learn..

Fly free high and whole at the bridge sweet ^Pickles^
You touched hearts forever

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 63

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so very sorry for your loss. That had to be horrible to go through. It is awful when these breeders don't care what suffering they put not only the babies through, but their owners. I couldn't believe it when Ash's breeder asked if HCM was something serious. Praying you have many more years with Pickles' brother. ::HUG::

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:( This made me cry, I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

lovesallanimals

Lairian
Wednesday morning I woke up before my alarm went off. In my sleep I sensed Pickles laying limp & lethargic, she has been battling HCM and had a large hole in her left ventricle for a couple years. She was taking 4 different medications twice a day for a while now. At her last scan the cardiologist told me he was actually surprised to see her again since her condition was so severe. I took that to mean she was doing great and beatings the odds, that was two months ago.

Back to Wednesday morning, I noticed how flat she was laying & that she has had an accident in bed and quickly realized the urgency of the situation. We threw our clothes on and got in the car and sped to our vet.

We got there, they put her on oxygen and we're working on stabilizing her but we got the news we were praying to avoid. She was experiencing heart failure and had fluids in her lungs. My vet told me there was no surgical procedure to do we just had to wait and see if the medication would do its job. I had a sinking pit in my stomache but we were trying to stay positive.

From that point things escalated quickly, I realized the chances of bringing her home were getting slimmer. The vet told us she wasn't stabilizing and things weren't looking good but we still tried to remain optimistic. By the next time the vet came back out to the waiting room he told us we ran out of options. He recommended we put her down so she didn't have to experience any more pain.

I exploded, I never thought this is where the day would have taken us but the thought of my little girl in pain broke whatever was left of me. I wish things didn't happen so fast, I wish I was able to hold her until she was gone, I wish I got to kiss her little face one more time. But there would have never been enough kisses or hugs, or meows & purrs. I will never be done cuddling & nuzzling her.

I would do anything to smell her again. To watch her fall asleep on me, to hear her sigh and twitch her little feet in her sleep. She was my little angle baby girl that I was so luck to take care of, even if it was only for a few years. I am so grateful to have had her in my life. I'm so grateful she picked me. I feel incomplete since loosing her and I have a feeling I won't be fully whole again. She was truly the sweetest baby ever. She never bit, never even a nip. So gentile and careful and fragile. She loved to play ball & fetch. She loved kneading her mommys stomach till she fell asleep and holding hands with her dad. Nothing will compare to her. I miss you, I love you my baby girl Pickles.

I bought her from a breeder in Brooklyn whom I feel is irresponsible and is the reason our breed has these horrible issues. Feel free to PM me for their name if you are looking in that area.They don't scan, they don't even know what HCM is! Pickles is survived by her older brother who also has HCM, he's 4 1/2. I told the breeder of their conditions to warn him to stop breeding those lines, he couldn't have cared less. It is so important to use responsible breeders and weed these reckless jackasses out.

lovesallanimals

Lairian
Hi, First I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart goes out to you.
I wanted to know the name of the breeder in Brooklyn because I bought my male, Nudels, from a breeder in Brooklyn. Please PM me the name.
Thanks
Michele

Last edited by a moderator:
Back