Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My days revolve around poop!

skunkfoot

Lairian
Oh poor baby! I hope you can get his tummy feeling better soon. Welcome to the Lair.

Ickus was a poopy Giardia kit, too. It took awhile for his poops to solidify, even after treatment. To help him along we gave him acidophilus. I'm not exactly sure how much it helped, but it's something to consider.

Aw poor kitty, glad that it finally fixed itself! I've never heard of acidophilus, will have to look it up. I was watching him earlier and it looks like it might be a little painful for him to poop :( he mews and then when I went to wipe him he mewed again like it was sore :/ ugh poor guy. Still trying the pumpkin and we are on day 2 of medicine. Still in good spirits though :)

Oh and my baby is named Ickis :D

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can get probiotics especially for cats, it is called Fortiflora, I got mine from my vet to help after a bout of gastroenteritis. It helps get the good bacteria going in their gut again to get things moving the way they should be ;)

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I feel for you!!! Zoa didn't have giardia but she did have a diarrhea phase that I do not miss one bit. Hang in there, it'll get better soon!!

TyrionAndSasha

Lairian
I was going to ask about poop myself. The little girl has firm poop, her larger brother takes larger poops. and although not runny, not as solid so he will track poop around my room:( I'll try the pumpkin either way. I guess can't hurt. I use Science Diet, both dry which I keep out always, and they split a can of wet on the morning and night.
They may need to each get their own can of wet soon as they are finishing off the wet food lick-ity split. As if they were starving to death.
I have resolve and natures miracle for my couch.

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was going to ask about poop myself. The little girl has firm poop, her larger brother takes larger poops. and although not runny, not as solid so he will track poop around my room:( I'll try the pumpkin either way. I guess can't hurt. I use Science Diet, both dry which I keep out always, and they split a can of wet on the morning and night.
They may need to each get their own can of wet soon as they are finishing off the wet food lick-ity split. As if they were starving to death.

I know there are some members here who use Science Diet with great results, but for my cat, Science Diet wet food may as well be a laxative. I gave it to her once and she loved it, but it gave her an awful, messy case of the runs! If she ever gets constipated, all she'll need is a few spoonfuls of that and it'll clean her right out hahaha.

skunkfoot

Lairian
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :) I think its getting firmer! No wiping and mess needed today and his poops did not stink up my entire house! It still looks kind of watery but getting better.

Definitely try the pumpkin, that trick has worked for my human kids haha. It may also be helping with our tummy problems as well. We have not introduced wet food yet.

skylark

Lairian
My Chloe has had the diarrhea for 3 days now. Going to go get pumpkin tomorrow. If that doesn't work. We will be making A trip to the vet. How long should I allow for the pumpkin to work? 1 tsp a day?

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aw poor kitty, glad that it finally fixed itself! I've never heard of acidophilus, will have to look it up. I was watching him earlier and it looks like it might be a little painful for him to poop :( he mews and then when I went to wipe him he mewed again like it was sore :/ ugh poor guy. Still trying the pumpkin and we are on day 2 of medicine. Still in good spirits though :)

Oh and my baby is named Ickis :D
If that's Ickis in your profile pic he looks a little like baby Ickus did! :D Here's my late boy as a kit, the first roll of film I shot of him (this pic was scanned from a print):
young-ickus.jpg

Back