@MaddieP , awh adorable photos. thank you for the good news update improving! oh, I remember the drools of using metronidazole.
hang in there! it does work great.
hugs n head smooches, look forward to more good news updates!
We have heart scans scheduled for next Monday for all three of the nakids... and we have a new addition!
Welcome Ebenezer (aka Ebi)!
Ebi is a 12 year old Persian that got surrendered to a local rescue with 7 other Persians when their owner got diagnosed with a terminal illness. He was used for breeding and doesn't seem to understand that humans are good yet. We aren't allowed super close, but we're hoping that with enough love and care he'll change his mind.
Good luck on the scans and congratulations on your new baby. I am sure he will come to understand he can trust you. So glad he will finally know what it is like to be loved. @MaddieP
@MaddieP , awh... happiest gotcha ! bless you for opening your hearts and home to sweet Ebi (love the name with that face!!!). he surely will come around with your love and care.
best wishes for scans next week.. keep us updated often.
hugs n head smooches.
So, our scans didn't come with much good news. Lynnie is the same, which is the good news, but Baero has HCOM, and Bunny has a 'bicuspid aortic valve with moderate regurgitation and mild stenosis'. Baero might have to be on medication to control his heartbeat, but it's not too bad yet. I've been worried since Monday, when the cardiologist told me Bunny's heart had a congenital defect, but now that Baero has issue too... I'm really worried and stressed about monitoring them for any episodes, especially since they mentioned he could throw a thrombus.
Oh geez not a fun day for you. Best advice I can give you is take a couple of days to let it set in…be mad, be sad, just let the feelings flow. Then you will get to a point when you realize that they know nothing but your love, and routine and if they are happy, you should be happy. That is how I always dealt with difficult results with all of our babies. Monitoring breath rate was what our vet always said to look for…has your vet said what you should look for in their cases it might be different. @MaddieP
@MaddieP awh hugs.. agree with catzzzmeow. I am away from computer. I will write more with my experience vetcinstructions vet gavr me and some item therapy that worked for my girl in case od embolism. Hugs n head smooches.. deep breaths, you gotcthis wexar3xhere for you.
Im sorry to hear that the results are not what you hoped for. Although we know these conditioners happen to others, we always hold out that they won't happen to us, so I can understand your alarm and worry. That's great advice regarding giving yourself time to process the results and allow all the different emotions free rein. When my Wilson was first diagnosed with HCM I felt rear , worry, "how can this be", and a desperation to put things right. After a while the acceptance came and a realisation that what mattered most was the love and living in the present time , enjoying each day . Hope Ebi learns to love and trust too, just like his namesake in the famous story! x
Sorry guys, it's been a busy couple of weeks! Lynnie decided to eat a bag of chicken nuggets I accidentally left on the counter while I was at work Friday. He's fine. He looked like he was about to pop with a litter of 8.
Everyone is doing alright, aside from chicken nugget stealing. Ebi has come out of his shell a TON! We still can't touch him, but he's in the main house 95% of the time. He loves laser pointers and teaser toys.
Glad to hear Ebi is getting more confident, who couldn't love that face! Know I shouldn't, but had to laugh at the post chicken nugget pic of Lynnies tum!! Glad he's ok x
So it's been busy at our place! Ebi tolerates petting on his own terms now, whd he'll even come up to ask for them!
Less great news, we think I have either POTS or dysautonomia, and it's causing some issues in my day to day life. I'm waiting on an appointment to get a second opinion, but at this point we're preparing to get another poodle to become my service dog so I can continue working.
The nakids and Leo are all well, and wishing everyone a happy holiday season!
@MaddieP , awh, melt my heart, such beautiful photos! how did you get them to stay so still together? I try and try with my pups and nakids and furbaby but someone always moves~ love the candy cane striped ear coloring and legs, oh my heart.
so happy Ebi enjoying petting~ merry christmas hugs n head smooches to all paws!
big hugs to you and so glad getting a second opinion. keep us updated. looking forward to updates on your upcoming poodle pup.
@Yoda mom Lots of pictures The younger two just decided the bed was a safe place, and Lynnie is such a ham. He poses for the camera.
I hope everyone had and has happy holidays! Everyone at my job is sick, including me, so it's been fun.
Once I figure out where our puppy is coming from and all, you'll definitely get pictures. I have a couple of names picked out if I get a silver (my favorite poodle color), but of course temperament is top priority, so I'm not going to be picky about color or gender.
@Yoda mom Lots of pictures The younger two just decided the bed was a safe place, and Lynnie is such a ham. He poses for the camera.
I hope everyone had and has happy holidays! Everyone at my job is sick, including me, so it's been fun.
Once I figure out where our puppy is coming from and all, you'll definitely get pictures. I have a couple of names picked out if I get a silver (my favorite poodle color), but of course temperament is top priority, so I'm not going to be picky.
Some not great news. Lynnie has been losing weight visibly the last couple of weeks and has become even more of a food hound. The first vet visit with a complete blood panel came up with nothing. His second appointment included x-rays, an ultrasound, and urinalysis, and with no clear culprit, our final option at our regular vet was sending off bloodwork to check for EIP before a referral to internal medicine. We get the results next week, but it's been hard. I look at him and cry because of how underweight he is (6.4 lbs, previously over 8), and how scared I am for him if we can't find answers. I'd really appreciate some good vibes and prayers for my little man.
@MaddieP , hugs and a lair family of positive vibes for sweet Lynnie. such a precious photo of you two. stay strong Team Lynnie. all paws crossed for his testing.
sharing, many years ago I had an adoptee bengal . down to 6 lbs no real diagnosis after ultrasounds etc. took a *crp shoot and vet put him on meds (liquid prednisolone) and he bounced back to full weight and lived 18 yrs. never really had a clear diagnosis. they first said he had a lump on his pancreas. turned out it was just the way he was born appeared like lump but was just the shape of it.
My current bengal cat Macie Mae was sick ,went down to 6 lbs 2 yrs ago.
blood work was told CKD kidney disease starting. nothing else found. I put her on hills a/d urgent care food wet foo along with her regular food. she gained all he weight back running around playing again.
I share to ask your vet if hills a/d urgent care canned food would be beneficial for Lynnie to help gain weight back on him? they say for temporary use .. yet I had nothing to loses and Macie Mae (senior) still eats a tablespoon a day with her food maintaining her weight and playfulness.
all paws crossed for diagnosis and treatment plan. ( sharing if EPI there are some pups in the dog group I am in that have EPI and are successfully managed and have quality of life doing good) .
You got this Team Lynnie... here for you.. I know the stress of waiting for test results.. extra hugs n head smooches. following for updates
The EIP test was negative, but he's regained the weight and gone back to normal behavior. We ended up doing an intestinal biopsy last Thursday, and they took a sample of his colon as well, so I should be getting those results sometime this week. We've transitioned to gastrointestinal support food that we'll be keeping them on from now on. Thank you all for your well-wishes!
Fingers crossed!
@MaddieP , awh thanks for the adorable photo and update. glad EIP negative. all paws crossed for his test results. glad he gained his weight back and acting normal and the food working for him!
continued well wishes, hugs n head smooches to all paws! keep us updated!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.