Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Throwing up, sneezing, and wheezing OH MY!

carly gail

Lairian
Hi friends,
I'm getting a little worried about my Baldy boy. He's been throwing up a few times a month- now about 3 times just this week. I thought it was due to my roommates cats food, but he hasn't had access to that the last few days and he threw up yesterday. It isn't from eating too fast, as it happens hours after feeding time. Yesterday when I got home from work, he was lethargic (EXTREMELY out of character, haha), sneezing quite a bit, and his breathing sounded a little wheezy/gunky. I'm scared it's a respiratory infection? Just was wondering what others' experiences were with Sphynx health problems like this, and when I need to get him to vet. This morning he had more energy and was eating and drinking fine, had one sneeze attack but breathing seemed more normal.. (picture isn't him today, just had to share his evil glare!)

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 32

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sorry to hear Baldy has health issues. I would go to the vet and ask them to check for blockage too (because of the throwing up)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@carly gail ((hugs)))
I would video his episodes and show it to your vet-
I write down a list of things To chat with the vet about.
Always best peace of mind to go to the vet for a wellness check -
This way if antibiotics are needed it is better to get in his system sooner than later to nip anything brewing out of his system. I would give a call to his vet and follow their advice .

Will be lookimg for Positve updates!

Back