Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlover1996

Lairian
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself and my beautiful kitten Alice! I am from a county in the UK called the Wirral but originally from Cheshire. We have had Alice for 8 weeks now and they have been the best 8 weeks ever! She is absolutely adorable and friendly to everyone who meets her and even convincing friends and family who say they 'hate' cats to love her. She and her brother were the only two that her mother had in her first litter and she was thriving way ahead of him and constantly eats everything in sight! We are absolutely in love with her and don't know what we would do without her now.
If anyone has any questions about the care of sphynx's or about my sphynx in particular please feel free to ask!

Morgan x
cat family.jpg
(from left to right) Alice, her mum and her brother.
cat family 1.jpg
(from left to right) Alice's mum, brother and dad.
alice 2.jpg

8 weeks old
Alice 1.jpg

And now at 16 weeks old.

P.S. our baby is still refusing to drink water, I have tried every trick in the book, diluting cat milk, different bowls, bottled water! Can someone please help?!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome! Your babies are beautiful. Try moving the water bowl away from the food. Did you try a fountain ?

Patti

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Pretty little lady. Congrats.
I have Izmae's water bowl in the bedroom.
She won't drink water at her food.
But, she drinks out of the sink, in 3 bathrooms.
Izmae won't drink from a fountain, either.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Sphynxlover1996 and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Great advice thus far, I imagine a cleft palate was ruled out? Please enjoy the community! :)

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What are you feeding her? A raw diet or a diet without dry food can have them less thirsty. I never saw my cats drink when eating raw, they got all their moisture needs from the food. Peed like a racehorse :)

If her pee looks small in the litter box and seems undiluted (strong smell) then it can give an idea if she is dehydrated

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! Alice is a gorgeous looking girl and so adorable. The rest of her family is beautiful too.
Some sphynx like to drink out of a fontain or a glass or out of the tap directly. Hope you find a way to let her drink water!

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh she is SO cute! Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that she's drinking from her new bowl.

Back