Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello New Friends

DobsMom13046

Lairian
IMG_20180810_202131_089.jpg

Hello everyone!
I am a 23 to Female from Illinois.
My name is Cate. I am brand new to the Sphynx Mom life. This little cutie in the picture is my 3 month old Male named Dobby.
He is a sweet little baby.
I hope to learn and use this forum to answer all my over protective worrywort new mom questions.

Cate

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome to you and Dobby. He's a cutie indeed. And you're in the right place. We understand being protective of our nakeds and giving them all our love. No animal companion seems to capture our hearts the way a Sphynx does.

DobsMom13046

Lairian
View attachment 87059
Hello everyone!
I am a 23 to Female from Illinois.
My name is Cate. I am brand new to the Sphynx Mom life. This little cutie in the picture is my 3 month old Male named Dobby.
He is a sweet little baby.
I hope to learn and use this forum to answer all my over protective worrywort new mom questions.

Cate

Well all I have hit my first bump in the road and I'm terrified. He had his second round of shots and now a few days later has an elevated temp and is really lethargic. Hes eating and using the bathroom just fine, purring in his favorite blanket and meowing at me from time to time but what was once my spazzy playfully little prince is now just an very sad little boy. Hes been to my local vet today for blood work and checks on what can be done for his temp but I'm scared I've messed up and that I will lose my sweet boy. I've already read a few account on here of simallar happening. And it hurts my heart that if they can fix it I might lose my sweet boy. It wasnt untill after I had his second round of shot done that I found material on here on weather the shots are worth it or if they just cause damage. Please pray for my little Dobbers and for me as I am a worried tearful mess today.

Cate

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@DobsMom13046 sending healing vibes to your Dobby. Hope the vet can bring his temps down.

Some sphynx are a bitt off the days after their vaccins. My girl Foxy, 16 weeks old, was sleeping all day after her second vaccin. No playing, only sleeping. Now she runs around like a little maniac again.
And know that kittens have days they sleep much more then usual cause they're growing and need their sleep.

All fingers and paws crossed Dobby will be running around again in a day or so.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Dobby & Cate! Stunning baby you've got there. We send our healing vibes your way that Dobby may get better! Can't wait for you to share your sphynx motherhood with us all!

LuvKitties

Lairian
Where in Illinois if I may ask? I'm trying to find the right vet to take him to bc my local one has never worked with the breed.
On the IA/Il boarder near Burlington IA. Sorry to hear about the shots. My boy is due to have his last core shots done and haven't had any problems.

DobsMom13046

Lairian
@DobsMom13046 sending healing vibes to your Dobby. Hope the vet can bring his temps down.

Some sphynx are a bitt off the days after their vaccins. My girl Foxy, 16 weeks old, was sleeping all day after her second vaccin. No playing, only sleeping. Now she runs around like a little maniac again.
And know that kittens have days they sleep much more then usual cause they're growing and need their sleep.

All fingers and paws crossed Dobby will be running around again in a day or so.

He has an infection around his lungs. Brought on by the lower immune system from his shots. He had 12cc (1/2 once) of fluid drained from around one side today before he would take the vets poking him. The next few days are going to be hard. Prayers please for my little man.

LuvKitties

Lairian
Did you by chance get you sweet from a certain breeder?....please PM me QUOTE]
Sorry I am new here to the community and not sure if it's ok to discuss breeders, but feel free to send me a message. If it is ok, could someone chime in. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

LuvKitties

Lairian
He has an infection around his lungs. Brought on by the lower immune system from his shots. He had 12cc (1/2 once) of fluid drained from around one side today before he would take the vets poking him. The next few days are going to be hard. Prayers please for my little man.
So sorry. Prayers for you and your baby.

DobsMom13046

Lairian
He is doing better today. The vet found fluid around his lungs and had to drain some. He has some sort of infection and when we left the vet his temp was 105.4 but he is a trooper and is still eating/ drinking and using the bathroom. The vet was very surprised that he was even moving. He is my fighter. Thismorning his temp was back to 102.4 and hes bright eyed and breathing better. Keep the prayers going! We arnt out of the woods yet.

Back