Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat keeps vomiting*barfing*

vladtdr

Lairian
So my cat was healthy until he hit the 1-year mark and I changed his food, after that all the problems began to come, so I started another thread a while ago regarding blood in stool almost always, I changed the food to royal canine hairball and the problem stopped thank god. Now my problem is that my cat pukes almost every other morning, I went to the vet, spent allot, and I mean a lot of money and after cat scans and X-rays antibiotics vitamins and other shots, including urine sample poo sample and blood sample he told me that my cat is anatomically in perfect health. What should I do? he barfed again this morning 4 times, it's always in the morning and always undigested food! I don't want to go to the doctor again because I don't have money, he is the best vet in the area might I say, every time we went there we had to wait for at least an hour and a half... Should I change the food? Also, keep in mind that I live in shitty Romania, so choices are pretty limited... P.S. I don't know if this is related but lately he almost never uses the litter box, he prefers to pee in the sink or on random stuff, mostly in the sink, though, he poops in the litterbox always.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So my cat was healthy until he hit the 1-year mark and I changed his food, after that all the problems began to come, so I started another thread a while ago regarding blood in stool almost always, I changed the food to royal canine hairball and the problem stopped thank god. Now my problem is that my cat pukes almost every other morning, I went to the vet, spent allot, and I mean a lot of money and after cat scans and X-rays antibiotics vitamins and other shots, including urine sample poo sample and blood sample he told me that my cat is anatomically in perfect health. What should I do? he barfed again this morning 4 times, it's always in the morning and always undigested food! I don't want to go to the doctor again because I don't have money, he is the best vet in the area might I say, every time we went there we had to wait for at least an hour and a half... Should I change the food? Also, keep in mind that I live in shitty Romania, so choices are pretty limited... P.S. I don't know if this is related but lately he almost never uses the litter box, he prefers to pee in the sink or on random stuff, mostly in the sink, though, he poops in the litterbox always.
Sorry to hear of this issue. Perhaps he is eating too fast. They make special bowls to combat this, see pic below, if you don't have that available, a few golf balls thrown in the bowl will work as well, don't go smaller then a golf ball, but the bowl is best. With the peeing in the sink, I encourage you to read this post Sphynx pooping or peeing outside the litter box - even if they poop in the box and feel comfortable, it may not be the same comforting feeling when "peeing" in the box, litter type, a cover or even the box being too small and its location. And as always, be sure the vet has cleared him of a UTI. :)

8e101c522431abc37919d80198977956.jpg

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I completely agree with @admin he could also, be allergic to the food.
I would try the slowing down of eating to fast first. Then, if that doesn't
help, you do need to have blood drawn and have him checked for
everything he could be allergic to. But, he does need to be checked for a UTI
asap.

vladtdr

Lairian
I went to the vet last month and as I said, pee, poo and blood checked out great, I think he might be eating too fast because he vomited in the past with different food but that one was smaller so maybe he was digesting it better thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I went to the vet last month and as I said, pee, poo and blood checked out great, I think he might be eating too fast because he vomited in the past with different food but that one was smaller so maybe he was digesting it better thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it!

Your welcome. But, by blood work for allergies, blood has to be drawn
and checked only for allergies. Not all the other panels, they usually
check. If your baby continues to have problems. Hopefully he won't.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@vladtdr ,Is he neutered?
With outside box stuff it can be hormonal or urinary crystals? I would call vet amd ask to check his chart that they ruled out urine crystals? I know they did a lot of tests but I would definitely double check-
A tell tale sign of urinary problems is in and out of box frequently with little or no output with also blood in urine
- did vet do a cystiocentesis urine test?

Do you feed him dental greenies? My cat had all his food projectile numerous vomitting recently -
Turned out the greenies get swollen spongy , not digested and can cause blockages :(
No more dental greenies here! And vomitting stopped after I found green swelled spongy greenie barfed luckily

I have a Senstive kitty that eats and throws up-
Have amazing results with Fromm Gamebird recipe , Acana grasslands -
Switching to a brand away from "Chicken ingredients " in the food worked wonders -
Also be sure to clean any pee areas , sink etc with an enzyme cleaner
Like anti icky poo unscented or natures miracle , etc

i also scoop 3x a day
**My first kitty was 0dd- she pooped in a covered litter box with unscented clumping litter
But liked to pee in a smaller uncovered box with yesterday news unscented pellet litter
Very bizarre - had two litter boxes

Also check teeth to make sure all is okay - if they can't chew larger kibble roght there can be a dental thing ( though usually see in older aged kitties)
My Kitty had a canine tooth pulled at a young age

Please keep us updated! Sending prayers you get seem answers and relief

Last edited:

Mitchelleb

Lairian
Did you ever find out what was wrong? Our baby Charlie is going through something similar and we are getting really frustrated having no answers

Back