Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Adventures of Lynyrd Skinyrd

MaddieP

Lairian
Well, good news! I got a new job! It's part time along with my full-time job for now, but it will pay a lot more and I'll be out of retail. My SO and I are going to try and buy a house in the next year too. If that happens and we're still in good shape financially, he's agreed to the goal of getting a dwelf by my next birthday.

Photo tax of the brat. We took him to my pet store job and he just wanted to murder all the dogs, including my friends three legged toy poodle who adores cats.
15972344332207119362748477403902.jpg

My pond and its inhabitants
20200805_080922.jpg

Oh yeah, and the gang are all getting Halloween collars, and Lynnie has some clothes ordered.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP , congrats on your new job! wow 2 jobs, be sure to take care of yourself too! those are some amazing goals for next year, house, dwelf, ! yah! oh I can just see your precious in the pet store with the other babies. looks sooo innocent! love your pond! beautiful!

hugs n head smooches, keep us updated as you can.

MaddieP

Lairian
Aww he’s so handsome! How does he like it?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
He seems to like it about as much as all his other clothing. Tolerates but doesn't try to wear anything. I have a couple heavier things on the way for if it happens to get cold... which is doubtful.
Cleaned the FX6 filter on my big tank, resulting in water all over my floors, absolutely disgusting filter media, and a super cloudy tank.
I had a couple of mysterious fish deaths prompting the clean, and unfortunately my platinum female betta was a casualty. My male has been missing for about a month, so I picked up another koi male, who I'm hoping will color up with time.

MaddieP

Lairian
Well, disaster of the tank variety. One of the fish I've recently brought home introduced something to my other fish. I have about 20 out of 60 left. Most of my bettas, gold neons, and cories passed. I'm devastated. I set up a quarantine tank to put any newcomers in for about a month before being added to the big tank.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP ((hugs))) , heartbreaking.... I lost all my puffers one year introducing a new one no matter how hard I tried to limit risks ..
omg, I know how you feel when this happens with our fish friends. you did all you could, I am so so sorry for your losses. prayers for the others

Yoda mom

Staff member
please give Lynnie head smooches from me

I used to use different chemicals , meds chemical in my big tank and constant water changes. yes, I get the media thing. ugh.. water on the floor, that sucks. hugs to you.

now I have zero fatalities all year in my big tank. just to share, now I only use seachem prime. I put a capful in a pitcher of water and put in 55 gal tank. I do limited water changes and just do about 1/4 or top off from evaporation using the the prime in my freshwater tanks

MaddieP

Lairian
Thanks everyone! My timeline for moving full time to my second job has sped up dramatically. I'll still be working a day at the pet store for a while, but it'll give me the funds to pay off the few things I need to and save up for our new nakid and house things.
More of Lynnie's sweaters have come in! Waiting on one more, and that'll be it until next year, hopefully.
1598580867649-353.jpg

1598496619186.jpg

MaddieP

Lairian
I'm officially at my office job full time, and I love it. I've been there nearly a month, and I'm not stressed 24/7. We also have a new scaly addition to the family: a leopard gecko named Heath.

I've dyed my hair purple, discovered nail wraps, my anxiety is at an all time low, and I feel like a new person.

I've upgraded my saltwater to a 20, added a 7 gallon freshwater for a species tank I've been wanting to do for years.

Attachments

• 20201021_122553.jpg
    20201021_122553.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 48488.jpeg
    48488.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 20
  • 48295.jpeg
    48295.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 19

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP , I am smiling ear to ear with this wonderful update! you look fantastic! happy Heath Gotcha too! oh I wish I had my salt take again. hope you share more pics, I have fresh water now. I like yours alot.

and of course the adorable spidersphynx Lynnie! soo stinkin cute~ {=

Life is Good!!!! hugs n head smooches ! was soo happy to see your post and then when opened all the wonderful news!!!

look forward to more pics and tales

Attachments

• 20200703_163319.jpg
    20200703_163319.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 18

MaddieP

Lairian
I took my boss to a reptile show yesterday, and we're also great friends. She keeps snails, isopods and dogs. I love her isopods, and she got me a container so I can have my own on my desk!
I've also been dying for a white ball python with black eyes since I got into snakes five or so years ago.
Well, I talked her into a crested gecko, and myself into this guy
My parents have given up hope.
Meet Styxx

Attachments

• 51163.jpeg
    51163.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 20

Sheldon13

Staff member
He’s so handsome!

I also keep isopods. Hard to find people with that commonality. My favorites are either my Orange tic tacs or my Montenegro.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I luv rubber duckies and all Cubaris they are on my dream list! I keep native Armadillidium, Porcelionidas pruinosus, Armadillidium klugii (Dubrovnik), dwarf white and Mexican dwarf purple. Those little dwarf white guys are annoying though. They have hopped enclosures somehow and infiltrated my native colony lol.

MaddieP

Lairian
@Sheldon13 I keep Powder Oranges as clean up for our crested gecko and leopard gecko, but I'm really looking for some Lemon Blue Cubaris.

Also excited! The tattoo artist I liked just contacted me about setting up a consult for my first big piece!

20201018_153958.jpg

Also, Noodle at one of the other big box stores looking at their hamsters.

Back