Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What product do you use to bathe your sphynx?

• D'Grease Shampoo

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • HyLyt Shampoo

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Johnson's Baby Wash

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Other - please tell.

Votes: 33 35.1%

• Total voters

MissCaseyMay

Lairian
Okay, glad it’s not just me experiencing it! I even rinse her multiple times thinking maybe im just leaving residue on her but still nothing. Comforting to know I’m not a bad cat mom and everyone’s Sphynxies get dirty fast lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the other thing that really affects it is whether he is dressed or naked! When he’s naked, sometimes it makes him cleaner sometimes he sweats more and gets filthy

acook3593

Lairian
I think the other thing that really affects it is whether he is dressed or naked! When he’s naked, sometimes it makes him cleaner sometimes he sweats more and gets filthy
Yea, good point. I'll have to try and pay more attention to whether she's clothed or not if I see a difference.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@acook3593 , my vets office sells Hylyt shampoo I actually add it to my order online at chewy too . Amazon etc may carry it too
Some members use the creme rinse too
hylyt - Free shipping | Chewy
I just use the Hylt , a little Avenalyt amd a dab of dgrease shampoo

A members years ago got me hooked on Hylyt

Last edited:

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use earthbath oatmeal and aloe Vera, smells delicious n keeps my Binky from scratching! But think am going look at this Hylyt shampoo most people are using! Xx

Nekkylove

Lairian
A tad late to the party on this thread
We've just started using Douxo Care Shampoo.. Our vet contacted a veterinary dermatologist for recommendations and this was their recommendation. They also recommended the use of conditioner too..? Does anyone here use conditioner?

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The dermatologist gave us this shampoo for Binky to bathe in, seems to be doing a good job as her skin hasn’t reacted to it! Xx

Attachments

• 6B54A7BA-B1E8-4132-93AF-EEC9913F9CF6.jpeg
    6B54A7BA-B1E8-4132-93AF-EEC9913F9CF6.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 45

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A tad late to the party on this thread
We've just started using Douxo Care Shampoo.. Our vet contacted a veterinary dermatologist for recommendations and this was their recommendation. They also recommended the use of conditioner too..? Does anyone here use conditioner?
Hi. We don't use a conditioner, just Dorwest Oatmeal Shampoo which is very gentle on Rankle's skin.

MaddieP

Lairian
I started using one specifically formulated for sphynxes from Etsy, but I'm unimpressed. I'll be trying Hylyt or maybe a baby shampoo soon.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP, I switched to hylyt years ago by members recommendation. soap free, hypoallergenic easy rinse. I use hylyt on the dogs too! i add it to my chewy order ( in case you order from there). my vet's office sells hylyt too

hugs n head smooches

pattyleo182

Lairian
In the Uk I use baby's shampoo (at this moment any brand I found in Tesco), use the 99% water wipes for his chest but also use the hand scrubby thing do you use like a glove and use the bubbles from the warm bath to scrub really really gently. After that a super tiny little bit of coconut oil on him :) I could be doing it all wrong but it works for us. Max has a bath every Thursday. We play cat soothing melody playlists and talk to him all through the bath, we make it as fast as possible and then onto his towel. It helps to have an extra person to hold him :)

Lulamae

Lairian
In the Uk I use baby's shampoo (at this moment any brand I found in Tesco), use the 99% water wipes for his chest but also use the hand scrubby thing do you use like a glove and use the bubbles from the warm bath to scrub really really gently. After that a super tiny little bit of coconut oil on him :) I could be doing it all wrong but it works for us. Max has a bath every Thursday. We play cat soothing melody playlists and talk to him all through the bath, we make it as fast as possible and then onto his towel. It helps to have an extra person to hold him :)

That’s exactly what we use. Does your guy love to lick the coconut oil? It’s the only part of bath time mine enjoys

Back